Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Import Sound Effect and Save to Certain Key in Prog.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goat1927

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Help! Import Sound Effect and Save to Certain Key in Prog. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've had my Kronos for a while and am fairly fluent, but this is one area I haven't yet messed with...

In short, I want to take a sound effect (thunder storm) from a song on my iPod, get it onto the Kronos, and then assign that sound effect to a certain key on a personal "Sound Effects" program (or combi).

I've watched a few tutorials on how to do this and consulted the Operation Guide, but I'm getting confused. Can someone please provide/direct me to a very basic tutorial?

Much appreciated!

MJ
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a multi step process. I also grab small vocal and noise bits from YT. You should regard if its copyright or not.

you said song but didn't say where or what media/file format the song in on.

If its YT, there's an app named ClipGrab that can work to bring it to your desk top. From there, I recommend Audacity, to isolate the bit or measure and clean it up, etc.

from there Sharp has an excellent YT on inserting audio files to your SSD.
from there, a few more steps, depending what mode or how you want to play it.

That will get you closer.
goat1927

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
its a multi step process. I also grab small vocal and noise bits from YT. You should regard if its copyright or not.

If its YT, there's an app named ClipGrab that can work to bring it to your desk top. From there, I recommend Audacity, to isolate the bit or measure and clean it up, etc.

Thank you, GregC! To clarify...

Let's assume the file is a .wav file. Getting the sound into Garageband (etc) and editing it there is no problem for me - it's when I go to transfer the saved/edited sound effect from my Mac onto the Kronos; then, once saved on the Kronos, copying the sound to a new program or combi and assigning it to a zone or key.

Would love to see the Sharp YT video you mentioned - would you please share the URL?

Much appreciated,

MJ
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat1927 wrote:
GregC wrote:

Thank you, GregC! To clarify...

Let's assume the file is a .wav file. Getting the sound into Garageband (etc) and editing it there is no problem for me - it's when I go to transfer the saved/edited sound effect from my Mac onto the Kronos; then, once saved on the Kronos, copying the sound to a new program or combi and assigning it to a zone or key.

Would love to see the Sharp YT video you mentioned - would you please share the URL?

Much appreciated,

MJ

this will take you mostly there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMFjOiZ5IE
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the previous ideas, I’ve taken a different approach to grabbing a sound bit. You can use a cable from your iPod headphone out, and connect it to the audio input in the rear of your Kronos. You’ll need a specialty 1/8” stereo male (split) into left/right 1/4” male cable. Set up your K up to create a sample. If you need help with creating samples, there are videos to help you work through that.
Just play your IPod and grab what you need, trim the front and end end of the sample, and save it as a program.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For minimal sound quality loss, transfer your audio directly from computer to Kronos via USB. Follow the usual sampling procedure in Sample mode to assign it as you wish, etc.
goat1927

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, all, for the replies! Will give it a shot.

Also, if possible, can someone direct me on a tutorial for how to transfer the "sound effect" program (once I've created the sound and parameters) from my Kronos to my friend's Krome? Again, first time taking on this kind of task.

MJ
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to save your sampling data in Disk Mode and have it load at boot up.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat1927 wrote:
Thank you, all, for the replies! Will give it a shot.

Also, if possible, can someone direct me on a tutorial for how to transfer the "sound effect" program (once I've created the sound and parameters) from my Kronos to my friend's Krome? Again, first time taking on this kind of task.

MJ

Check the Krome forums. And there are you YT videos on the subject.
goat1927

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry for going dark - but I was able to do what I needed, thanks!

One question I have though: I'm trying to take a sample I created and transfer it from a Kronos to a Krome. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks!

MJ
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat1927 wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry for going dark - but I was able to do what I needed, thanks!

One question I have though: I'm trying to take a sample I created and transfer it from a Kronos to a Krome. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks!

MJ

Sample you created? Where did you create it? On the Kronos from an external source?
goat1927

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample (an audio clip) was created in Garageband then loaded/saved into the Kronos via USB drive. What are the methods for getting a sample from the Kronos to a Krome? Krome has the SD card slot, but Kronos doesn't...Kronos has a USB slot, but Krome doesn't...

Thanks!
Grog96

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat1927 wrote:
What are the methods for getting a sample from the Kronos to a Krome?

The Krome doesn't have a sampling feature as such, but it can load samples at power-on from specially crafted files called META.IMG and SAMPLE.IMG held on an SD card.

I understand there is a software editor called "Kromatic" that you can use to create/modify these files. Try searching on the Krome forum, I believe some folks over there have spoken about it.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat1927 wrote:
Sample (an audio clip) was created in Garageband then loaded/saved into the Kronos via USB drive. What are the methods for getting a sample from the Kronos to a Krome? Krome has the SD card slot, but Kronos doesn't...Kronos has a USB slot, but Krome doesn't...

Thanks!

You can probably use the same data that you created in garage band. Just figure out how to get that into the Chrome. I don't have a Chrome so I don't know how to do it, but obviously there are some ways. I'm sure that stuff is in the operating manual for the Chrome.
AdamBurgess1337

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that your thread is from a few years ago, but the quest for knowledge is timeless! If you're still interested in importing sound effects into your Kronos or if you've already mastered it and want to share your experience, feel free to revive the discussion.
And if you've moved on to exploring different soundboard possibilities, here's a humorous one at http://soundboard101.com/fart-soundboard/ that you might enjoy. It's always good to have a bit of fun along the way.
Happy music-making, whether it's with your Kronos or any other creative endeavors you're pursuing!

Last edited by AdamBurgess1337 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: