Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE EDITOR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mataband

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
shrrdavid wrote:
Yes, editor is a very vague term. Like I said before, without more details it is just vague. Everyone will know what you know when it is released, or more information is given on it.

What do you want to know?

Hi Dan,

Any word on when this will be available? Looking forward to it so much. Thanks!
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious as well.

Erwin's editor is a welcome freebie. Well done Erwin, and thank you. Very Happy
nobuyoshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
shrrdavid wrote:
Yes, editor is a very vague term. Like I said before, without more details it is just vague. Everyone will know what you know when it is released, or more information is given on it.

What do you want to know?

Still no beta or ETA? Crying or Very sad
sonarfreq

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Still no new information from Korg regarding an Editor???? Reply with quote

It's been over 6 months now since Dan from Korg responded to queries or gave any indication as to what is happening (has happened?) regarding the release of the Wavestate editor.

Assuming Korg/Dan are reading the entries in this forum, could I please request a formal response as to a release date???

Wavestate owners here have been tremendously patient and waited a long time already for this... it would be only courteous for someone to respond please.

Many thanks.
macluit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no new information from Korg regarding an Editor?? Reply with quote

sonarfreq wrote:
It's been over 6 months now since Dan from Korg responded to queries or gave any indication as to what is happening (has happened?) regarding the release of the Wavestate editor.

Assuming Korg/Dan are reading the entries in this forum, could I please request a formal response as to a release date???

Wavestate owners here have been tremendously patient and waited a long time already for this... it would be only courteous for someone to respond please.

Many thanks.

I think it wil be released when the modwave comes into play

Ben
phaedra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and when it will surely work with Windows 10 21H1!
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no new information from Korg regarding an Editor?? Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it wil be released when the modwave comes into play

Ben

There are videos/demos of the Modwave already on Youtube. The Modwave manual mentions the editor, but there is no link to it on Korg's site.

Some sites state the will have them in stock in 8 to 10 weeks.

Wavestate owners have been patient. All while the Wavestate sells for far less than it did when most of us bought them.

I would expect no difference for the Modwave either. It will sell for far less after it has been out for a while. Korg lowering the retail price of the Wavestate substantially, in about a year, basically made it impossible to recoup the cost of buying it.

Don't get me wrong, the Wavestate is a neat synth. But programming it without an interface is a chore.

Maybe Dan will respond... Maybe he wont.... I hope he does.
Confused
mosspa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Wavestate for almost eight months now. I played with it a bit when I first got it until I was satiated with the factory patches. Remembering what writing programs for the Wavestation was like without a proper editor back in the day (when I was a lot younger and a lot more motivated than I am now), I've just put a cover on the Wavestate and have been patiently awaiting the arrival of an editor. I just purchased a Hydrasynth, and am having a ball writing programs for it (it has a much more simple voicing system since there are no real time-based parameters that need to be dealt with). I have happily lived without using the Wavestate for the past seven months, or so. If Korg (or somebody else) doesn't produce an editor soon I'll probably just dump the Wavestate because I really don't need another keyboard I don't use hogging space in my already overcrowded studio. Seriously, I'm getting pretty fed up with the way Korg treats its customers.
Kurzweil PC3K8 (K2700 on order), Kronos 2 61, M3m, Wavestate, ASM Hydrasynth, Roland SE-02, Roland D-05, Kurzweil K2500RS, Modal Argon8M, Modal Cobalt8M, Waldorf Blofeld. Waldorf Pulse 2, Access Virus TI 61, Kawai K5000, 2x Kurzweil K2000S, about 75 VSTis, and over 12TB Kontakt libraries.
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my Wavestate well over a year now.

Ironically I bought an ASM Hydrasynth as well, which is freaking awesome.... Cool

There is an editor that a user posted a link to here.

erwincoumans wrote:
I wrote an unofficial editor for the Korg Wavestate. You still have to fix the USB connection though. Latest 1.06 firmware should work on Mac OSX. Updating to latest Windows version and picking the USB RNDIR driver from Microsoft, as described in the documentation should work.

Here is a video with download links for the editor for Windows and Mac OSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUI_8IWjp_o
oniram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I'm exhausted as anybody else to wait for the editor. I bought the Wavestate knowing that an editor was about to be released, and with all those knobs on the panel, I wasn't too worried anyway. Little did I know that the Wavestate had one of the most intricated and - sorry - less logical UI of recent times.

I'm not afraid of complex synths: I have created thousands of patches on such machines as the Rhodes Chroma, Kurzweil VAST, TG77, WS/SR, various software.... but I'm getting older now, and to waste so much time trying to remember if I'm supposed to hold Shift or Enter and which submenu I have to reach, etc., sounds a bit silly to me.

I love the sound, the concept and the possibilities. But the Wavestate has been sitting idle for several months now, simply because I have no motivation to become fluent with its panel. Just too many other things have priority!
So I will let it go in a few weeks if nothing happens.
awnashed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Wavestate Editor Coming out soon Reply with quote

The Editor is coming out soon finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVb5wehsyEk

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Havocman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news.

Thanks Awnashed!
oniram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news. Looks like they have heard me... (and many others I guess) Very Happy
Let's hope it's not too problematic to install/connect.

And while we're at it - what about that individual reverb send per layer... Rolling Eyes Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: