Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE EDITOR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: WAVESTATE EDITOR Reply with quote

even considering the nice interface full of knobs that help to quickly edit the sound, what do you think about the possibility to have a proper mac/pc editor to make the same operations ina easier way?

Do you think that Korg will consider this possibility?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It says so in the manual.

Regards
Sharp.
afr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Yes. It says so in the manual.

Regards
Sharp.

In the manual they talk about a librarian which I think can be used to organize copy and delete sounds

I did not find anything about an editor or maybe I'm not reading the right page of the manual
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be right. I'm assuming that it has the ability to edit.

Regards
Sharp
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick look for other KORG Librarians and what KORG defines them as.

Bearing that in mind, I think I'm wrong and that the Librarian may indeed only be to organise sounds.

Regards
Sharp.
afr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the wavestate, I will buy pretty soon, but if korg will realize a pc editor it will be perfect

I hope some korg representatives will consider this idea AND the possibility to import user samples Very Happy
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's better to do one thing really good - rather than many things half baked.

A lot of overhead comes with user samples
- you need to map to a root key
- you need settings to which range of keys
- you need room for sample on every key
- you need stretching algorithms which takes cpu
- maybe to do it right, layer samples to velocity ranges.
- it will take room from storing performances, programs, wave sequences

There is no manual to new Nord Wave 2 yet, so could not get into details.
But MRSP $3999, 61 keys with aftertouch.

But they made an editor to make that happend.
But you can probably do what Akai MPC series do, is my assumption and then some.

Most likely in my view for Wavestate:
- you get a firmware update with more requested sounds at some point

or possibly make a sdk to have knowledgeable people also make wavetables that can be uploaded in librarian. Like they did for oscillators and effects for Prologue. But it was room and cpu power accounted for at design state.

Or maybe Korg has a new sampler on the horizon. I have no knowledge of what's inside a Kronos - so maybe overlapping that.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestation Sound Librarian has been released. It's not a full-blown parameter editor, rather an organisational tool, but could be quite useful.

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2020/0228/
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Wavestation Sound Librarian has been released. It's not a full-blown parameter editor, rather an organisational tool, but could be quite useful.

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2020/0228/

A pitty, some synths just require an edditor..
Not having one was the biggest crticisme reviewers like loopop had..
I hope korg listens..

If not, i might be right that they designed the wavestate with a future workstation in mind... and trying to grab some coins with the new engine..

So much prommise in this synth..
Korg should really try to make it a perfect experience..
bobbybland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used this librarian,it's super basic.
nothing close to what Korg needs to release soon to actually use the wavestate in a more elegant sound design fashion.

hopefully this is coming soon.

For example, the librarian allows us to export ,rename ,but nothing as far as editing sounds. Please Korg send us a proper editor.
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there an editor for Wavestation back in the day?

Something to build on, I mean, not having to start from scratch.

Since not documented about sysex more than universal tuning - one wonders how far they expected to go.

Prologue was planned SDK from start for use with Minilogue and Prologue as I understood it.

If that give an indication if one will arise or not....
bobbybland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to the nay sayers, but the wavestate is a complete Monster compared to the wavestation, and as far as programming patches goes, same thing for prologue and minilogue as well.

I'm content if they do or don't to be honest, as it really won't stop me from making music,it'll just take longer to create patches vs having a dedicated piece of kit that can make use of the ALL the features this beast.

My point is,and I think what Nick from Sonic State is also saying is, I think Korg will kill this product for the masses if it's not developed differently,from every single synth you just mentioned. It's a completely different animal.

I had the prologue 16 for awhile, and it was nothing compared to the complexity of this one imho. I just hope they don't try and sell it as preset synth, and they actually make it easier, and give the Wavestate more OPTIONS to create with.
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybland wrote:

My point is,and I think what Nick from Sonic State is also saying is, I think Korg will kill this product for the masses if it's not developed differently,from every single synth you just mentioned. It's a completely different animal.

Yes, I saw one demo with SonicState - and for the first time he really looked lost. Wink

It's a bit like first time I started Grand Theft Auto - a complete open world and felt
- hmmm, where do I start

The process for me has been
- just making a simple synth - one step long - to get aquainted with that
- listening through performances mapped to 64 slots in enclosed set list.
- make a copy of that original set list and overwrite with other interesting performances in some slots outside my style
- identify interesting program parts of 700+ of that to combine with something else - layer C in performance B12 etc
- looking through the 1000 wave sequences and mark up those that are interesting skelleton and start swapping sounds that are sequenced in those and save as own ones.
- about to look through samples and multisamples that I find interesting to swap into wave sequences.

Overall in this process I missed what I eventually found - the modulations on macro knobs to alter what you first hear as loaded Performance. So each performance is often very versatile and highly adjustable as it is - it's not just what you hear as loaded.

And dim [Performance mod knob] button - and suddenly you have 8 knobs for the active layer. And this can be filled with connections to modulations - 4 times that.

Why I am stubborn on this help screen need - just do short notes to refresh memory.
A few presets have names that reveal a few things.

It's far more than a regular synth patch. But this is what I love to explore.

It's unbelievable what it offers for very affordable money.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:

- identify interesting program parts of 700+ of that to combine with something else - layer C in performance B12 etc
- looking through the 1000 wave sequences and mark up those that are interesting skelleton and start swapping sounds that are sequenced in those and save as own ones.
- about to look through samples and multisamples that I find interesting to swap into wave sequences.

I think we need a favorites function, for all, WS, prog, perf, samples. I think we need a USER category too. Interestingly i just found that when browsing programs with sort order by category, the first one s(except init program) is the one the user has created surely because they are not categorized yet. So if you want a quick access to your own programs before you categorize (put in a category) them, just put the sort order to category .
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity there isn't some sort of memory reader interface (SD card, USB stick). At the moment, the only way to share Wavestate Performance and other data, is via USB and computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: