Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does KROME EX editor exist?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plazog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Does KROME EX editor exist? Reply with quote

Hi All,

Does KROME EX editor exist? Couldn't get it on KORG site. With out editor, it is unusable with any DAW...

Pls help......
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DAW can talk to the Krome EX using MIDI over USB, without the need for the Editor. The Korg MIDI driver software must be installed BEFORE connecting the Krome. The Editor will allow Programs and Combis and other features, to be edited. The Editor for the Krome will work with the EX, also. Is there an Editor on the CDROM that came with the Krome EX?

Bear in mind that the KROME Plug-In Editor does not handle audio signals, so it's not possible to insert a plug-in effect into the channel of the track where the KROME Plug-In Editor is inserted, or send its audio signal via a send or bus. The Krome's Audio Outs have to pass through an audio interface, for incorporation into the DAW's audio streams.

highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Does KROME EX editor exist? Reply with quote

Plazog wrote:
Hi All,

Does KROME EX editor exist? Couldn't get it on KORG site. With out editor, it is unusable with any DAW...

Pls help......

With an onboard 7" touchscreen,I don't see any point in having a software editor anyhow.
As for adding effects in a DAW,I would just solo each track and record each track individually into the DAW.
slain_by_silence

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, KROME Editor and KROME Plug-in Editor applications can NOT be used with KROME EX. (Source https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/85/1478/)

If you work a lot with (re)creating combis and editing, the editor is a comfortable tool. I'm sure they could make it compatible with minimum effort by just changing a few lines of source code, but that's not going to happen.

[/url]
Plazog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I use Cubase 12Pro to do my music. I tried to edit and control it from Cubase using its editor software. (To use its voice resourse only)

When I connect it with MIDI interface, it's only one track I can use at a time....that would make KROME EX work like the sixties analogue sequencers or just a living room piano. The sequencer is fine but DAW is preferable.

Getting the editor will make it usable... don't know from where Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: