Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Stage next to a Kronos2 61 keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marceys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: What Stage next to a Kronos2 61 keys Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm curently using a Roland RD700NX and a Kronos 61 keys for live stage gigs....
I would like a new stage piano for the 700NX and am very pleased with the weighted keys of the Roland.

The Roland 2000 is an option, and i am looking into the Nord stages... The Stage 2 and 3 are very interesting....

Someone got a tip for me....wich one does work easy in combination with the Korg. I would like to use the setlist and change sounds on the Stage automatic

cheers and thanks for any tips,
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weighted 73 or 88 key controller? Use the Kronos for sounds and control, including set list management and changes, and just route the midi input from the controller to the Kronos for the playing experience and expanded key range?
marceys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Midi controller Reply with quote

Hello tunaman,

Thanks for your reaction and advice!
That’s something i did consider indeed but the only thing i’m not pleased with on the Kronos is the sound of the piano. I just can’t get satisfied with that sound, i prefer the old Roland RD700NX above the piano sound of the Kronos.

So, for me it is needed to have a better and quality piano next to the Kronos.

A RD2000 is arround 1800 euro and a Nord Stage 3 arround 3400 euro..... big difference.....think there are much more better additional sounds on the Nord 3 according to the Roland. But i think i prefer the keybed of the Roland, the Nord got a kind of light way of playing!

Pffff...... not so easy...
marceys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Midi controller Reply with quote

Hello tunaman,

Thanks for your reaction and advice!
That’s something i did consider indeed but the only thing i’m not pleased with on the Kronos is the sound of the piano. I just can’t get satisfied with that sound, i prefer the old Roland RD700NX above the piano sound of the Kronos.

So, for me it is needed to have a better and quality piano next to the Kronos.

A RD2000 is arround 1800 euro and a Nord Stage 3 arround 3400 euro..... big difference.....think there are much more better additional sounds on the Nord 3 according to the Roland. But i think i prefer the keybed of the Roland, the Nord got a kind of light way of playing!

Pffff...... not so easy...
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marceys

Many consider the Dexibell Vivo series to be very worthwhile

All the best !

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marceys,

I completely agree with your opinion of the Roland 700nx piano being better than the Kronos. Some people really like the Kronos piano, but I also prefer the supernatural piano on the Roland 700nx. I play one in my church praise team. I also play a Kronos 61 in my weekend 80s 90s band. I have found the Kurzweil Forte as my bottom piano board goes very well with the Kronos but that is probably too much $$$ (although it would give you a lot of other great sounds in addition)

Have you considered a Roland FA08 ? It has the same piano (supernatural) as the 700nx and key bed should be decent (I am not sure it’s the same as the 700nx ?) It has a lot of sounds from the Integra and is very nice for the money.
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marceys,

I completely agree with your opinion of the Roland 700nx piano being better than the Kronos. Some people really like the Kronos piano, but I also prefer the supernatural piano on the Roland 700nx. I play one in my church praise team. I also play a Kronos 61 in my weekend 80s 90s band. I have found the Kurzweil Forte as my bottom piano board goes very well with the Kronos but that is probably too much $$$ (although it would give you a lot of other great sounds in addition)

Have you considered a Roland FA08 ? It has the same piano (supernatural) as the 700nx and key bed should be decent (I am not sure it’s the same as the 700nx ?) It has a lot of sounds from the Integra and is very nice for the money.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Kronos as the master controller. In Combi Mode you can send patch changes to another synth using a "dummy" timbre set to the appropriate MIDI channel on the Kronos timbre and the receiving device. That allows MIDI filtering and a few other nice fringe benefits. Full duplex MIDI DIN out to MIDI DIN in and vice versa is a good way to go. USB MIDI might work too if supported, although I haven't done that. Something to try. Less cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: