Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parameters for microKorg factory programs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepymuse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: parameters for microKorg factory programs? Reply with quote

Hello!

I don't have a microKorg (just a microKey Razz), but I am very interested in recreating some of the factory sounds using a VST (Serum). I have been googling and downloading stuff for several hours now, and the most I could find was the microKorg SoundEditor, but that only seems to allow you to view the program parameters if you have the microKorg itself (I tried opening .prg files from the soundbank (https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/104/3389/) but it didn't work, and the soundbank seems to be incomplete anyway).

Like I said, I've been doing this for a couple of hours and haven't found anything. I'm losing my mind a little bit...

Does anyone know where I can find a chart or website or some other resource that has all the parameter values for the factory programs on the microKorg?

Or, if anyone out there is feeling particularly generous, the sounds I'm interested in right now are:

B.65 (108) - Stab Saw

B.68 (111) - Old Strings

If anyone could send me a screenshot of the Program Edit window and a screenshot of the Timbre Edit windows for each of those sounds, using the SoundEditor, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Happy New Year!!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here:

http://www.hilltop-cottage.info/a/PRG_Reader.html

Not exactly the answer, but it may help if you can find the .prg files for the sounds of interest.

It does seem that, because the factory Programs are supplied on the internal ROM of the microKORG, for resetting back to defaults, nobody bothers to save any backups externally to PC.

OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Maybe another viable option...
Install the sound editor of the microKorgXL(+). It comes with 4 program libraries, containing the factory programs of:
* the microKorg
* the MS2000
* the MS2000K
* the microKorgXL(+) itself

The first 3 are ports of the programs of the original device for the XL(+)
Obviously these are not the original settings, but ported ones. I've no idea how close they will sound to the original, but good enough to give a starting point for further tweaking your VST.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: