Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

needing help - please!!!! Korg M3M usb to editor on PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithgraham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: needing help - please!!!! Korg M3M usb to editor on PC Reply with quote

Hi All . I'm new here and new with the M3M and it's been driving me crazy trying to get the editor to work with the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

so... I have the M3M expanded and wanted to connect it to the editor on my PC. I downloaded the editor version 221 win, I also installed the tool to install the midi-usb driver. All went well, the program installed, the driver installed but when I try to get it to connect and 'receive all' I get a receive all error. It is connected to midi 0 and the only thing connected so no conflicts as far as I can tell. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled... tried everything I can think of. I'm obviously either doing something wrong or something stupid... Can anyone shed any light on this?

This probably won't be the last time I'll be asking for help so please be patient. This machine is certainly taxing my brain... and my patience Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the USB MIDI driver installation done BEFORE the M3M was connected, via USB?
keithgraham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s a good question. I Am pretty sure it was installed before I connected. I’m about to try it all again now.
keithgraham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's what I did

Computer is on. M3 NOT connected.
I installed driver tools.
Connected M3 turned M3 on
Computer detects automatically popup box Korg driver setup utility telling to install. I do this.
I believe that this is the computer system default driver being installed according to the operation manual.
M3 still connected

I run the Install Korg USB MIDI device from start menu
Box opens
Korg MIDI driver setup version 1.15.31.02
Install

I start Editor and it opens, a box appears for a second looks like it says something about the keyboard being connected but the box closes instantly. and then the whole editor program closes straight away. I have to disconnect the M3 for the editor to stay open. I disconnect, run editor and then connect M3.

When I try to do anything to get info from M3 i.e. receive all.. I get a receive all error.

edit*
when the M3 is not connected and I run the uninstall tool it shows that the M3 is on port 3. If I connect the M3 it shows connected after the name. which would lead me to believe that the computer can at least see the M3
keithgraham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed something... could be me not reading the specs carefully. Does the M3 editor only run on 32-bit not 64 bit? The drivers for MIDI are both 32/64 bit but I can't see any reference to 64bit editor software.

Could it be as simple as that? Not sure where I can get a 32 bit system from? I'll maybe give the 1990s a call. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: