Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPad Audio in (and MIdied) use advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aellison62

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: IPad Audio in (and MIdied) use advice Reply with quote

I am going to use my IPad midied to my Kronos and have it’s output go into the audio in 1&2 ( panned left and right). I am always stumbling with MIDI and need some advice.
I’d lIke to have a program where only the IPad sound source is playing, not any local sound from the Kronos. This way I can place that program anywhere in a set list that I need to access the IPad sound app. When I am on any other program or combi, I don’t want the IPad sounding.
What is the best way to accomplish this?
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First as an aside, it's probably an easier set up to get an iPad Camera Connection Kit (CCK), and connect the iPad to the Kronos USB-B input. That one cable will carry both MIDI and audio to and from the iPad. There may be some reason you aren't doing that but thought I'd point it out in case.

Should be pretty simple. Let's say you take a program from an HD-1 bank to be your iPad sound program.

On 1-5 (Play - Audio In/Sampling) uncheck the Use Global Settings box. If you're coming into audio in 1&2 set those to L/R. If you used the CCK as I described above, set USB 1 & 2 to L/R. Make sure all the others are off. This should bring in the sound from the iPad.

On 9-1 (IFX - Routing), change "All OSC's To:" to OFF. This should stop the Kronos internal synth from making any sound. Now save that program as your iPad sound program.

In general I don't think you'll have to worry about the iPad making sound on other programs unless you've changed the Global Audio In settings to route audio in 1 & 2 to the outputs. The factory programs shouldn't have any routings like that enabled.

There shouldn't really be anything to do on the MIDI side. If you're sending MIDI over USB or 5-pin from the Kronos, most iPad apps are going to receive on MIDI channel 1 by default, which will be the default for the program you just saved.
aellison62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lightbringer, that worked perfect! 😀 My problem was that I had the global setting on L/R for the inputs 1&2. Once I turned them off, my iPad only plays on my one program and not anything else. The Kronos continues to make me smile, especially with help from this forum! Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: