Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Collection -- Triton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
ensoniqts wrote:
The only things I'm disappointed aliitle about is that Triton VST can't be used as an effect processor on an audio track

What is it in particular do you want the Triton to do as an effects processor?

Stereo Chorus, Flanger, and Enhancer / Exciter effects
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth Hall on the Triton was also really good.
Not as warm as the smooth hall on the Trinity, but was still pretty darn good. Kinda replaced now by the Overb on the OASYS and KRONOS for pure warmth.

The Triton series was a funny one. On either side of it you have a Trinity and a OASYS. Both super warm synths, yet the Triton was always the opposite. It had coldness / clean digital tone to it that was very obvious, but that’s also what also gave it it’s flavour. Where the Triton shines most I think is with the vast amount of end user patches that were made and sample libraries. People got pretty creative with it.

Regards
Sharp.
padking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: GM banks ???????? Reply with quote

9 GM banks ???? what the hell are we suppose to do whit that ? What a waste of space.
One would be more then enough.
Can't import third p sounds, hope a update will change that

Padking
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Not as warm as the smooth hall on the Trinity, but was still pretty darn good. Kinda replaced now by the Overb on the OASYS and KRONOS for pure warmth.

The Triton series was a funny one. On either side of it you have a Trinity and a OASYS. Both super warm synths, yet the Triton was always the opposite. It had coldness / clean digital tone to it that was very obvious, but that’s also what also gave it it’s flavour. Where the Triton shines most I think is with the vast amount of end user patches that were made and sample libraries. People got pretty creative with it.

Regards
Sharp.

I like Trinity sound much more also.
Even thou both Trinity and Triton have "90sPiano" patch, it sounds much better in the Trinity.

Korg's ACCESS and AI2 sound engines are still my favorite
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Following it on Facebook.

Two people have bought it and immediately reported back that it can't import Triton PCG files! So no import of original Programs or Combis!

THAT's a problem.

Got to say - it's _Very_ expensive too!

come on guys, were expecting a bit too much from a plugin.
expecting a plugin to load all the pcg files of original Triton.. have you ever seen a software recreation of any analog synth being able to load programs that were meant for hardware.
What's next someone will complain that it can't read Triton SNG files.
This plugin is already a dream come true the way it is.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Regards
Sharp.

I’ve a lotof synths in a two room project studio but in one part of them I run a Triton Rack and Korg Karma, closely coupled. Each has the MOSS board and Vintage board installed, and the Orchestral cards in the Triton rack.

I spent a solid year auditioning every program and combi across Triton, Triton Studio, Triton Le and Karma, as well as all available MOSS libraries, and have filled both the Triton and Karma with the very best ( to me) of what is available across all those generations of Triton.

All told, its. _staggering_ resource in a completely contemporary way. There are hundreds / thousands of amazing programs, combis and MOSS programs tht make using these two synths a colossal resource.

To me, the sounds in the promo that Korg have put out are actually a very poor indication of what this architecture is capable of, at its very best.

Last edited by Kevin Nolan on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
expecting a plugin to load all the pcg files of original Triton.. have you ever seen a software recreation of any analog synth being able to load programs that were meant for hardware.

The Triton is not an Analog.
The KORG M1 and Wavestation VST's both load sound Libraries from the original keyboards. I would expect the Triton to do the same.

Regards
Sharp
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ensoniqts wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:

Two people have bought it and immediately reported back that it can't import Triton PCG files! So no import of original Programs or Combis!

THAT's a problem.

Loading original Triton files - completely achievable. An intern would code that in a month. It was a conscious decision NOT to enable that capability. That's the issue.

In fact - they actually wrote the code internally to Korg to do it! They've declared that 4000 of the original factory presets are in this thing. Do you think they manually compared a hardware Triton to the GUI of this and manually set up 4000 programs? They wrote software to convert the original hardware presets into the format that this plugin reads. So it's even worse - Korg themselves have already developed the utility to convert original format Triton programs into this plugin's format, but they are purposely holding it back.

When you figure out why they did that, post back.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it and I like it, but it appears there is no method of using the RPPR patterns (originally included in SNG files).

This makes some of the EXB-PCM expansions less valuable:
-- EXB-PCM03 Future Loop Construction was primarily utilized via Patterns/RPPR
-- EXB-PCM04 Dance Extreme also had Patterns/RPPR
-- EXB-PCM09 Trance Attack also had Patterns/RPPR

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
ensoniqts wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:

THAT's a problem.

Loading original Triton files - completely achievable. An intern would code that in a month. It was a conscious decision NOT to enable that capability. That's the issue.

In fact - they actually wrote the code internally to Korg to do it! They've declared that 4000 of the original factory presets are in this thing. Do you think they manually compared a hardware Triton to the GUI of this and manually set up 4000 programs? They wrote software to convert the original hardware presets into the format that this plugin reads. So it's even worse - Korg themselves have already developed the utility to convert original format Triton programs into this plugin's format, but they are purposely holding it back.

When you figure out why they did that, post back.

I agree, Kevin, either the Korg staff rushed it, or Korg is not interested in attracting all the legacy Triton owners.

Of course us legacy types will have kept our custom favorites in a PCG and/or SNG file format. Sure, non legacy Triton owners don't give a ---. Thats their bubble.

I think '4000 sounds ' appears good on appear. But really, I had a group of favorites, lets say under 400 [ less than 10%]. I recall the EXB's- if comparable to an original factory program , the EXB program was better.

I mention this pref, mostly as an experienced owner.

In a way, I prefer Rolands cloud approach to legacy instruments.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the round, every time Korg, Roland or Yamaha release new synthesizers or plugins these days there are a plethora of complaints from their traditional user base.

It's clear that none of this stuff is for us on this forum. We're the grumpy old men Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
In the round, every time Korg, Roland or Yamaha release new synthesizers or plugins these days there are a plethora of complaints from their traditional user base.

It's clear that none of this stuff is for us on this forum. We're the grumpy old men Smile

The bigger picture, is that consumer based product co's will target the 20/30/40 somethings. Korg , Roland, not much different.
Those demographics are larger and more likely to plunk down their credit card.

I am perfectly ok and happy at 67. There is something to be said about accumulated wisdom and constantly working to get the facts, the full picture , and not be instantly swept by the herd of impulse.
fjs714

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: triton rack Reply with quote

Hi
I've got a Triton rack with 5 expansions-----anyone interested instead of using computer
Thanks frank
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow down a bit guys...The Triton VST has only just been released at least give Korg a bit of grace,they may have future Upgrades for it in the wings,I'm sure with a large user base of PCG files they will allow the loading of such files in due course,I dare say its far from finished.

There are plenty of companies who release things to the public which are far from the potential of its capabilities, its only after feedback from the users that things get addressed and upgraded.

I think it was a good move for them,both for a newer user base and older nostalgic ones like myself, who have perhaps moved on from the Hardware but would still love access to the sounds.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Slow down a bit guys...The Triton VST has only just been released at least give Korg a bit of grace,they may have future Upgrades for it in the wings,I'm sure with a large user base of PCG files they will allow the loading of such files in due course,I dare say its far from finished.

There are plenty of companies who release things to the public which are far from the potential of its capabilities, its only after feedback from the users that things get addressed and upgraded.

I think it was a good move for them,both for a newer user base and older nostalgic ones like myself, who have perhaps moved on from the Hardware but would still love access to the sounds.

I don't keep track of Korg software offerings- have they later given upgraded versions ? Sure, a $3000-$4000 keyboard [ Kronos ] got expected upgrades.

Anyway, I sold my Triton/Extreme 9 years ago. If it was half as great as Kronos, I would have kept the Extreme. I am not a nostalgic keyboard gear person.

the software collection is a good business move for Korg. But I am not a target for it.

I have much higher expectations of Korg, given what they were or are capable of doing. If not, or nothing more aggressive from Korg for 2020, no problem, there are other very good choices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: