Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Collection -- Triton
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: KORG Collection -- Triton Reply with quote

KORG Collection - Triton NEWS RELEASE
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/1122/

KORG Collection - Triton VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w02vgKHBb8M

KORG SHOP PRODUCT PAGE
https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series.html

KORG Collection - TRITON PLUGIN MANUAL
https://www.korguser.net/collection/manual/TRITON/KC_TRITON_OM.pdf/KC2_TRITON_OM_E1.pdf

KORG Collection - TRITON ORIGINAL MANUAL
(Triton Extreme Parameter Guide)
https://www.korguser.net/collection/manual/TRITON/TRITON_Extreme_PG.pdf/TRITON_Extreme_Parameter_Guide_E.pdf

ORDERING PAGE OPTIONS
The process is VERY confusing.

It appears you have the following options:

KORG Collection -- Special Bundle V2
-- Currently $299 (Special Price)
-- this includes all of the "original" Korg Collection products PLUS Arp Odyssey PLUS Triton
-- use this option if you own no other KORG Collection products and you want everything
-- this is also the cheapest option if you already own the old Korg Legacy Collection and you have never upgraded (see below)

KORG Collection -- Special Bundle V2 Upgrade
-- currently $149
-- this is ONLY for people who already own the "Special Bundle" and want to add the Triton
-- The special bundle was the product that included all of the Korg Collection products and the ARP Odyssey
-- This means KORG effectively wants $149 to add the Triton
-- this is the option I have to take, given I already own the Korg Collection, then added the Arp Odyssey in 2017

KORG Collection -- TRITON
-- Currently $199 (Special Price)
-- this is for people who own no other KORG Collection products and just want the Triton

KORG Legacy Collection Owners
** If you want everything **
If you do not own any KORG Collection products, it appears your cheapest option is to buy the "KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2" at the "Special Price of $299.

Buying all of the individual upgrades would cost you more:
-- $199 KORG Collection - Legacy Bundle (no Arp, no Triton)
-- $199 KORG Collection - Special Bundle v1 Upgrade for Legacy Bundle (gets you Arp and Triton)

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
pranaearth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem:

I log into Korg ID.
I am given a code for my Special Bundle V2 Upgrade.
There is also a link that sends me to the product on the Korg Shop.
After I input the code and hit "Apply Coupon" I am shown an error message saying that the code cannot be used for this item.

Wait, what? Your link just sent me here.
I just wish ONCE, JUST ONCE these upgrades would go smoothly.
encore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: I need a precision concerning V2 version number please Reply with quote

Hello @MartinHines,

thanks a lot for your detailed message but I am still a little bit lost with these upgrade plans.
I bought in 2016 the korg Legacy Collection. Then in 2017 I bought the "KORG Collection - Special Bundle Upgrade for Legacy Bundle" including the ARP Odissey. So the current versions of my Korg software instruments are currently the following:

- ARP Odyssey 1.1.2
    - LegacyCell 1.4.3
    - M1 1.8.2
    - MDE-X 1.4._3
    - MonoPoly 1.2.2
    - MS-20 1.4.2
    - Polysix 1.4.2
    - WAVESTATION 1.8.3

According to your message I will then buy the "KORG Collection - Special Bundle V2 Upgrade" at 149$ which contains only the new Triton instrument, but I am still confused regarding the other instruments versions... so here is my question:

Do you know if this "Special Bundle V2 Upgrade" is really a NEW version 2 , with improvement like resizable UI for example, for the previously existing instruments of the KLC or does it ONLY give access to the new Triton ?

It is not clear to me why calling it V2 if the other instruments versions were not improved since Korg have not increased the version number when they added the ARP Odyssey instrument two years ago... so why increasing it now if they "only" added a new instrument ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer and sorry for my bad English.
Best regards, Eric
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following it on Facebook.

Two people have bought it and immediately reported back that it can't import Triton PCG files! So no import of original Programs or Combis!

THAT's a problem.

Got to say - it's _Very_ expensive too!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave this much thought yesterday and I’m going to hold off buying this in the hopes that in time KORG update it to include two features that are missing for me that make this a deal-breaker right now.

1: No KSC/KMP/KSF and PCG Import/Export.
Without this, I would miss out on the best part of what made the Triton so great for me.

2: No 16 Track Multi-timbral mode.
Don’t need the ability to sequence or play SNG files, but I would need at a basic level the 16 Track Multi-timbral abilities every single Triton in the series had so I can use an external sequencer with this as apposed to trying to use two combi's and two instances.

Regards
Sharp.
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. this is like a wish come true!!

now imagine KORG also releasing software VST of Propehcy or Z1 or 01/w or Tirnity
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Gave this much thought yesterday and I’m going to hold off buying this in the hopes that in time KORG update it to include two features that are missing for me that make this a deal-breaker right now.

1: No KSC/KMP/KSF and PCG Import/Export.
Without this, I would miss out on the best part of what made the Triton so great for me.

2: No 16 Track Multi-timbral mode.
Don’t need the ability to sequence or play SNG files, but I would need at a basic level the 16 Track Multi-timbral abilities every single Triton in the series had so I can use an external sequencer with this as apposed to trying to use two combi's and two instances.

Regards
Sharp.

What IS it about these friggin companies?

They are _perpetually_ annoying!

They went to the bother of releasing a substantial Triton Plugin - but leave out THE most important aspects to the _entire_ user base of hardware Triton users.

Actually - when I put it like that - it's clear they are doing this on purpose! It's the only explanation. There is NO technical reason to make this plugin incompatible with the hardware file formats. It must be that they do not want the likely user-support issues that would otherwise arise; so they just purposely exclude existing Triton users.

This is the OASYS - Kronos transition all over again - and likely by the very same team involved in that debacle because they explicitly say it's the original Triton team who developed this!

Sharp - you're never going to get the features you want. This is for new users only.

They want to make a clean break from the past; and put the precise conditions in place to make that happen.

We are irrelevant as potential buyers! It is not targeted at the original Triton user base.

Same old Korg. A Leopard doesn't change it's spots!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a precision concerning V2 version number please Reply with quote

encore wrote:
Hello @MartinHines,
So the current versions of my Korg software instruments are currently the following:

- ARP Odyssey 1.1.2
    - LegacyCell 1.4.3
    - M1 1.8.2
    - MDE-X 1.4._3
    - MonoPoly 1.2.2
    - MS-20 1.4.2
    - Polysix 1.4.2
    - WAVESTATION 1.8.3

According to your message I will then buy the "KORG Collection - Special Bundle V2 Upgrade" at 149$ which contains only the new Triton instrument, but I am still confused regarding the other instruments versions... so here is my question:

Do you know if this "Special Bundle V2 Upgrade" is really a NEW version 2 , with improvement like resizable UI for example, for the previously existing instruments of the KLC or does it ONLY give access to the new Triton ?

It is not clear to me why calling it V2 if the other instruments versions were not improved since Korg have not increased the version number when they added the ARP Odyssey instrument two years ago... so why increasing it now if they "only" added a new instrument ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer and sorry for my bad English.
Best regards, Eric

Eric,
You can download and install the most current versions of the KORG Collection products BEFORE you purchase the new Triton software.
After you sign in to your existing KORG ID account, you can see and download the latest versions of the other (non-Triton) products here:
https://id.korg.com/users/registered-products

It appears you have the most current versions (I had older versions on my PC).

Here are the most current versions:
ARP Odyssey -- 1.1.2 (Win & Mac)
Legacy Cell -- 1.4.3 (Win & Mac)
M-1 -- 1.8.2 (Win), 1.8.3 (Mac)
MDE-X -- 1.4.3 (Win & Mac)
MonoPoly -- 1.2.2 (Win), 1.2.3 (Mac)
MS-20 -- 1.4.2 (Win), 1.4.3 (Mac)
PolySix -- 1.4.2 (Win), 1.4.3 (Mac)
Wavestation -- 1.8.3 (Win & Mac)

I have not installed them yet to see what improvements have been made.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
The problem:

I log into Korg ID.
I am given a code for my Special Bundle V2 Upgrade.
There is also a link that sends me to the product on the Korg Shop.
After I input the code and hit "Apply Coupon" I am shown an error message saying that the code cannot be used for this item.

Wait, what? Your link just sent me here.
I just wish ONCE, JUST ONCE these upgrades would go smoothly.

The code was not working for me yesterday, but it works now.

After logging in to the Korg Shop, go to your Registered Products:

The "Special Bundle v2 Upgrade" code is working for me now.

Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've been trying out the demo version,It sounds really good,I shall be investing in this for sure but I'm not rushing to buy it at the moment,slightly apprehensive of buying straight away until they allow the import of PCG files, this is a deal breaker for me for sure.

Triton was my goto machine for many years I have tons of PCG files from my years of using the Various Triton models,without the import of native PCG files it's not going to be worth the purchase for me,but I'm sure Korg will address this with a future OS update hopefully,if they do I will jump on it.
NatLife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh( so expensive i think
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying the demo.

I like you can switch between sounds to find quickly the right sound, unlike large sample libraries that take few seconds to load.
Here I'm playing the melody with right hand and switching thru sounds with the left hand.

Amazing how few meagbytes of samples can sound so great!!
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

The code was not working for me yesterday, but it works now.

After logging in to the Korg Shop, go to your Registered Products:

The "Special Bundle v2 Upgrade" code is working for me now.

Thanks Martin, my code now also works.
ensoniqts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things I'm disappointed aliitle about is that Triton VST can't be used as an effect processor on an audio track
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ensoniqts wrote:
The only things I'm disappointed aliitle about is that Triton VST can't be used as an effect processor on an audio track

What is it in particular do you want the Triton to do as an effects processor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: