Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need more footswitches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockinspanna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Need more footswitches Reply with quote

I foolishly bought an EC-5 just now, it isn't compatible with Kronos. Embarassed
Can anyone recommend a small midi footswitch to give me at least 3 switches please? One for Damper, one for program up and one for leslie on/off. Or... Can anyone tell me how to trigger leslie by aftertouch?
I have a Kronos 2-73. I also have a Behringer FCB1010 but that's massive! I need space to have my Line6 Helix under the keyboard stand as well.
Hope you can help, cheers.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be possible to use this pedal switch board with the Kronos, but a lead would need to be made up, to go between the 6-pin DIN connector on the rear of the EC-5 and the Kronos. The Kronos end would consist of three 1/4" jack plugs, wired appropriately, and labelled e.g. "A" "B" "C".

Toggling the Leslie effect by moving the joystick is sufficient for playing, and the movement to do this would be similar to that on the Leslie controls on the original organs.

rockinspanna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VoIP,
If I could use all 3 Jack inputs for switching it would be great but only 2 of the inputs are switchable, the other one being for a volume type pedal. So I think midi is the only way to get more switches.
Unless someone can tell me how to assign the pedal input to switch type?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Need more footswitches Reply with quote

rockinspanna wrote:
I foolishly bought an EC-5 just now, it isn't compatible with Kronos. Embarassed
Can anyone recommend a small midi footswitch to give me at least 3 switches please? One for Damper, one for program up and one for leslie on/off. Or... Can anyone tell me how to trigger leslie by aftertouch?
I have a Kronos 2-73. I also have a Behringer FCB1010 but that's massive! I need space to have my Line6 Helix under the keyboard stand as well.
Hope you can help, cheers.

Rotary speed after touch control
In the Rotary speaker Tab (Program P7) go to the Mode/Speed section (upper right). You'll see Speed SW. To the right of that- AMS:JS+Y. Change it to After touch. You should calibrate the after touch so it works the way you want it to. That is in the Global mode in the page menu commands.
rockinspanna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Brilliant, thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks, Ronnfigg, that works a treat. Now cooking on all limbs! Cheers!
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help. I used to use that, but I now have an 88LS and unfortunately it doesn't have aftertouch. It can be done with velocity also.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Need more footswitches Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:

Rotary speed after touch control
In the Rotary speaker Tab (Program P7) go to the Mode/Speed section (upper right). You'll see Speed SW. To the right of that- AMS:JS+Y. Change it to After touch. You should calibrate the after touch so it works the way you want it to. That is in the Global mode in the page menu commands.

I do this for almost all my organ patches. Very useful when both hands and feet are busy. After touch is a must-have for me. One thing I haven't figured out is how to set a default rotary speaker speed in a program or combi. It seems like it always defaults to slow.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you edit the Program, set the speed to Fast and then "Write" the Program it should always go to that condition when you select that Program.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
If you edit the Program, set the speed to Fast and then "Write" the Program it should always go to that condition when you select that Program.

Well, that seems simple enough. I'm sure I tried that.

Maybe because I almost always use Combis, the Program setting might be getting overridden at the Combi level?

It can be tough to get a handle on all the variables that Kronos offers.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made that work. When you are editing the program you need to go to the rotary speaker Tab and set the speed switch in the upper right hand side to whatever speed you want it on and then write the program. If you are changing the speed with the joystick/pitch bend lever and trying to save that it won't work. Most control surface stuff on the Kronos works that way. If you want to save some front panel settings you actually have to go into the tabs.
xtatty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the 'SOLEMAN MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER'. I has been very helpful with my live gigs.
It has four switches. You can program it to do anything you want.
I have one set with the settings:
1. Rotary (J+Y) 2. Wah (J-Y) 3. Program Down 4. Program Up

and another with Karma Scenes 1-4.
But you can program it to do anything it comes to your mind!

Check it out! Wink
https://www.sourceaudio.net/soleman-midi-foot-controller.html
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a midi footswitch (not a korg product) would be advisable.

Curious if the custom lead idea is workable.

Warren Canada
FB Music

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
I am using the 'SOLEMAN MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER'. I has been very helpful with my live gigs.
It has four switches. You can program it to do anything you want.
I have one set with the settings:
1. Rotary (J+Y) 2. Wah (J-Y) 3. Program Down 4. Program Up

and another with Karma Scenes 1-4.
But you can program it to do anything it comes to your mind!

Check it out! Wink
https://www.sourceaudio.net/soleman-midi-foot-controller.html

You said you have programmed the Soleman footswitches 3 and 4 to do program down/up. Does this mean the Soleman now supports program Inc/Dec.? Or did you program the switches to send actual program change Numbers?
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtatty wrote:
I am using the 'SOLEMAN MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER'.

GREAT tip! I hadn’t seen this, as I hadn’t looked into MIDI footswitches since my current set of pedals have sufficed to this point, but often times I have wished that I had a second switch available in addition to my Korg switch/damper/expression pedal.

I guess I’ll have to pick one up and try it out - thanks for posting this.
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB Music wrote:
You said you have programmed the Soleman footswitches 3 and 4 to do program down/up. Does this mean the Soleman now supports program Inc/Dec.? Or did you program the switches to send actual program change Numbers?

I’d like to know this also - it would save having to assign several Setlist slots for changing back and forth, which I do on several songs.

I’ve started to use Karma scenes when I can also, so being able to tap to change the Setlist and Karma scenes back and forth would be awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: