Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME sounds to KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steamdude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: KROME sounds to KRONOS Reply with quote

Hello. I got a basic question that I'm having difficulty trying to get an answer for being I'm computer illiterate. I just traded my KROME EX in for a Kronos. Out of the box, can't say I was all that impressed with the sounds. However, I miss the Krome's piano sounds already. Is there anyway I can download my favorite sounds of the Krome to my Kronos? It would be super fantastic to accomplish that task. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.. Thank You...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not possible by the file download/transfer route. The underlying software architectures and PCG formats differ. It would be possible to sample the Krome EX's sounds into the Kronos and use them that way as HD-1 Programs, though it would be quite time consuming to do, sampling pianos at various velocities. The Kronos' pianos are intrinsically very good, and it is possible to make changes to the existing Kronos piano Programs to suit your tastes and save those as new Programs.

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also EXi (Expansion instruments) and EXs (Expansion samples) that can be bought for the Kronos from the Korg shop, plus a number of forum members have provided free expansions of various instrument types, including pianos. Also check the download section of these forums, There is at least one piano there:

http://www.korgforums.com/

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine you can approximate the Krome piano sounds on the Kronos with a little tweaking. Besides the SGX pianos on the Kronos, there quite a number of HD1 piano samples. I would venture to say the pianos on the Kronos are superior to the Krome. Using the Category feature you could audition the Kronos pianos, find something close and do some editing. Korg claims the Krome EX is aimed at the EDM market, so those pianos may have had some extensive treatment done to them to get the sounds you enjoyed. Dig into the Kronos and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: