Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too Many Takes (File Already Exists)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Too Many Takes (File Already Exists) Reply with quote

While playing around with trying to recorder the Vocoder (and only the Vocoder) I ended up getting a message in Sequencer.

File Already Exists

After doing some digging I learned this is most likely caused by the Takes stored by the Kronos, and the solution was to change the Take Number to something different. So I was able to overcome this issue, however I can't seem to find my way back to the screen that showed the Takes.

Next if this "takes file" area can fill up, then it is also storing and wasting memory. How can I delete those useless Take Files?

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sequence audio a lot but there audio files created in a specific folder and I think it has "_A" as part of the folder name somewhere in the folder created for your sequences. Once you find the files, there is a play button for auditioning the wave files that were created. this is all in Disk Mode, so once you find the files you don't need, delete them there.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- From the OG...

Can’t record on an audio track
Have you unchecked the Memory Protect Internal HDD
Save check box (Global P0)?
Have you set Track Select to the audio track you want to
record?
If you want to perform multi-track recording (Multi REC
checked), is Play/Rec/Mute set to REC?
Are the audio input settings correct?
• Please see Audio input and output, and Audio inputs
don’t work properly.
Is there space remaining on the disk?
• Delete unwanted WAVE files.
• Save a copy of important WAVE files on external media,
and then delete them from the disk.
Are the REC Source settings correct?
A “File already exists” message appears, and you can’t
record.
• In the P0: Play/REC– Preference page, change the name
of the WAVE file that you’re going to record.
• Delete the files in the TEMP folder.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are working in SEQ mode, you should get familiar with DISK mode.

This is where all your songs and 'takes' are stored.

I recommend you create a few File Folders and then Directories in DISK.
record your Song stuff and takes in a directory.

Its simple stuff, but staying organized will save you time
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good thread, as I just ran into this myself the other day. I thought the files should have been created in a subdirectory which I had set up, but no files were generated in it and yet I received the error. I stumbled on the files in the root when trying to chase down the issue, and ended up renaming the last file as it contained the content I was looking for.

I need to go back through that workflow and figure out what I was missing - clearly there must be a setting for save location and file name which I must have missed.
johnrailton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Too Many Takes (File Already Exists) Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
While playing around with trying to recorder the Vocoder (and only the Vocoder) I ended up getting a message in Sequencer.

File Already Exists

Hi Dave. I face this same problem every time I audio record. The tab you are looking for is "preference", it's three tabs over from the "Audio Track Mixer" tab. Just increase the "Take No" by 1". I usually leave this tab open when I record as it happens frequently. The other alternative is reload after saving and then deleting unused wavs from the "Utilities" tab but I found increasing the take number nearly always works. Hope that helps.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Too Many Takes (File Already Exists) Reply with quote

johnrailton wrote:
davekalbach wrote:

File Already Exists

Hi Dave. I face this same problem every time I audio record. The tab you are looking for is "preference", it's three tabs over from the "Audio Track Mixer" tab. Just increase the "Take No" by 1". I usually leave this tab open when I record as it happens frequently. The other alternative is reload after saving and then deleting unused wavs from the "Utilities" tab but I found increasing the take number nearly always works. Hope that helps.

Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Too Many Takes (File Already Exists) Reply with quote

johnrailton wrote:
davekalbach wrote:

File Already Exists

Hi there. I'm having the same problem. I keep getting the "File Already Exists" message too. I increased the "Take No" but it didn't seem to help.

Any other ideas would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Jeremykeys
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as an experiment, I went to the disc utrility and deleted the unused wave files. Oops! I also deleted the vocal track that I had done. Fortunately there was only 1 track and it can easily be redone. I'm the "ahem" singer.
But the good news is that right now it looks like all of my audio tracks are available again! Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: