Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some requests to Korg for the next Firmware update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank @Narioso, I'll post them here and a few other I found since then.

Previous bugs:
MRNUTTY wrote:
Couple of 2.00 bugs/issues.
1) when editing layers using different user oscillators, parameter labels in the edit/program/multiengine programming menu are corrupted by switching the TYPE switch while in the edit menu. The rest of the menu items follow the switch context. However, for user supplied oscillators with TYPE switch context is incomplete. For example: when working on a layered patch that uses a different user oscillator in each layer, the multiengine parameter menu may or may not contain the setting for the layer selected with the TYPE switch. In fact, sometimes it has the menus from both mixed together - this is most evident when the number of parameters per oscillator is unequal. If I'm editing a layered patch with two different user oscillators, I have to exit edit mode between layer operations to get the menus correct upon editing. Update: exiting edit mode, doesn't fix all cases of dissimilar user oscillators in layers.
2) every once in a while, I get a mangled AMP env on a low key. Something like the release dropped out as the attack took off - legato doesn't seem to effect it.
3) on MacOS Catalina, when I "drag and drop" an oscillator from a finder file window into an oscillator slot in the librarian, the P16 will load up Runner Brass (prog 1) preset values, but remain at the preset location I last selected - the one I'm currently programming. After I load the oscillator, Prog 1 preset is still loaded - I have to hit Shift-Write to reload the controls I was working on before I reloaded the oscillators. Update: it also happens during some librarian operations that don't download user code

4) the LFO INT will have a non-zero value even with the knob set to zero. It won't go to zero uNTIL you flip the LFO TARGET switch.
5) wrt to #1, there are user oscillator menu settings that don't seem to be separated between SUB and MAIN layers with working on a layer. I have a patch with PlunkV2 and Tube on two layers and there is some cross talk between oscillator settings. If I put Tube on the MAIN layer, and PluckV2 on SUB, once I've voiced SUB, MAIN as changed somehow. Can't tell why, because menu settings are mangled. It might have to do with PluckV2 only has 2 parameters, and Tube has 6. It's the 4 empty PluckV2 settings that obscure 4 of Tubes parameters.
5) please make loading user oscillators faster. There is a long lag where the voice sounds only the analog oscillators until the user oscillator init's.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRNUTTY wrote:

5) wrt to #1, there are user oscillator menu settings that don't seem to be separated between SUB and MAIN layers with working on a layer. I have a patch with PlunkV2 and Tube on two layers and there is some cross talk between oscillator settings. If I put Tube on the MAIN layer, and PluckV2 on SUB, once I've voiced SUB, MAIN as changed somehow. Can't tell why, because menu settings are mangled. It might have to do with PluckV2 only has 2 parameters, and Tube has 6. It's the 4 empty PluckV2 settings that obscure 4 of Tubes parameters.

I have PluckV2 as well, will test that out.

Quote:

5) please make loading user oscillators faster. There is a long lag where the voice sounds only the analog oscillators until the user oscillator init's.

I think this might have to do with how long code takes init for those we load from 3rd party.

It takes 2s or so for me switching program .

I have other issues I believe is to do with bugs in code or firmware.
It happends moving between programs having certain user oscillators - and a voice get obscured by some strange clonk sound in there.

So hitting a note - first one, then another and every 4th or so get this clonk added. But doing power recycle on/off it's gone. So I think some memory boundary or something is messing up memory inside for one voice in a user oscillator.

I think one of the free ones, because I only had those when this happended first time.

I try to trace down exactly. But suspect Modal Resonator that many people, including me had troble uploading and became silent, not working. So had to be done upload three different versions of it, then it worked.
Sebo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRNUTTY wrote:
Thank @Narioso, I'll post them here and a few other I found since then.

Previous bugs:
MRNUTTY wrote:
Couple of 2.00 bugs/issues.
1) when editing layers using different user oscillators, parameter labels in the edit/program/multiengine programming menu are corrupted by switching the TYPE switch while in the edit menu. The rest of the menu items follow the switch context. However, for user supplied oscillators with TYPE switch context is incomplete. For example: when working on a layered patch that uses a different user oscillator in each layer, the multiengine parameter menu may or may not contain the setting for the layer selected with the TYPE switch. In fact, sometimes it has the menus from both mixed together - this is most evident when the number of parameters per oscillator is unequal. If I'm editing a layered patch with two different user oscillators, I have to exit edit mode between layer operations to get the menus correct upon editing. Update: exiting edit mode, doesn't fix all cases of dissimilar user oscillators in layers.
2) every once in a while, I get a mangled AMP env on a low key. Something like the release dropped out as the attack took off - legato doesn't seem to effect it.
3) on MacOS Catalina, when I "drag and drop" an oscillator from a finder file window into an oscillator slot in the librarian, the P16 will load up Runner Brass (prog 1) preset values, but remain at the preset location I last selected - the one I'm currently programming. After I load the oscillator, Prog 1 preset is still loaded - I have to hit Shift-Write to reload the controls I was working on before I reloaded the oscillators. Update: it also happens during some librarian operations that don't download user code

4) the LFO INT will have a non-zero value even with the knob set to zero. It won't go to zero uNTIL you flip the LFO TARGET switch.

4) Never happened to me, but what did happens to me and I think could be related is that sometimes (not always) if I have a negative LFO INT and I turn the INT knob to set a positive value it does response at all, I have to press shift and move the knob to set the INT to 0 and then I can set a positive value... Sometimes it works straight away...

5) I never happened to me as I don't use much the bitimbral capabilities, but I've seen this bug reported on other places, using different User Oscillators.

6) I don't think they can improve that much as I think it depends on the speed of the hardware part...
Also depends on the code, and how the User Engine works, but even if they optimize the code to maximum, the hardware restriction will be there.
I have 2 patches using the VPM engine (not a user oscillator, and I think Korg should have the code very optimized because the using the same oscillator for years), both patches are identical just one uses a long attack in the envelope of the VPM engine and the other a fast one. When I switch from one to the other it takes a second to load the VPM engine but takes about 10 seconds (yes 10) to update the envelope, so I play the patch with the incorrect attack value for about 10 seconds....

https://www.facebook.com/cosaquitos/
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
I have other issues I believe is to do with bugs in code or firmware.
It happends moving between programs having certain user oscillators - and a voice get obscured by some strange clonk sound in there.

So hitting a note - first one, then another and every 4th or so get this clonk added. But doing power recycle on/off it's gone. So I think some memory boundary or something is messing up memory inside for one voice in a user oscillator.

I think one of the free ones, because I only had those when this happended first time.

I try to trace down exactly. But suspect Modal Resonator that many people, including me had troble uploading and became silent, not working. So had to be done upload three different versions of it, then it worked.

I've had weird clunks, or spurious blats, every 4th/5th note as well that seem to disappear after a power cycle. The worst was when it was every 16th note - voice card. But again, it disappeared after a power cycle. I agree it's probably some bugs somewhere exacerbated by user code. Tube is tricky to voice - but so rewarding Smile

@sebo, I'll get more detail on these circumstances to compare. Thank you!
matjones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joystick Y axis not sending modulation seriously needs sorting, currently in Cubase it sends a bank change command, obviously NOT good.Seems like a serious oversight in the first place

Also noticed that the Ensemble effect will push the signal fairly significantly to the right channel when the depth is increased which is not ideal either. Rolling Eyes
Sebo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matjones wrote:
Joystick Y axis not sending modulation seriously needs sorting, currently in Cubase it sends a bank change command, obviously NOT good.Seems like a serious oversight in the first place

Also noticed that the Ensemble effect will push the signal fairly significantly to the right channel when the depth is increased which is not ideal either. Rolling Eyes

Mmmm... May be you are talking about the Minilogue XD...
Prologue don't have a joystic...

Sebo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update 2.10 but no new features, just bug fixes and not the ones reported here...

MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebo wrote:
New update 2.10 but no new features, just bug fixes and not the ones reported here...

Yeah bummer. But it was a minor release, and they called out a bad one by name. Maybe minor fixes addressed some stuff - will just have to see if there's an improvement.

In the end, as long as it works at least as well as it does now? I'm still frikkin loving this synth. But that's me Smile
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for heads up.

Pity they dropped windows 7 just like that - I have nothing later than 7.
I have no real issues so I won't bother with this one.

If somebody can confirm it still works - I might do it.

1.03 for Wavestate supported windows 7 - what's the rush here.
Computer I write on now is a XP for 2003 - still perfect for online all day.
Six years since MS dropped that one.

MS drop updates and computer explodes, or?

Prologue is really great, just love that and the new Wavestate as well. Great work Korg....
Sebo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed 2.10 yesterday an played a bit with my Prologue, so far it is working right just 2.00... I can't say what the minor bugs where because I didn't find any difference yet.

I love my Prologue too!

MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam here @sebo, no new issues. I finally worked through a bug I had. LFO Target wasn't working on my user oscillators. Something about the way I power it up and immediately work on user oscillators seemed to get written into every preset. I couldn't fix anything I wrote. Factory reset fixed it. Yuck. On the positive side, whatever borked LFO Target, also seemed to have biased some params, now there's more breadth to them. All good now!
Sebo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great!!!

I found a few of the minor bugs fixed.

- Names of the user reverb effects was displayed scrambled before 2.10, now they shows as it should.

- Certain user effects didn't work if they were placed next to certain other user effects (I had this problem specifically with arggh!), now seems to be fixed.

- If you leave an empty slot in the user reverb effects, all the effects after that empty slot didn't work or have a very weird behaviour. Now you can leave empty slots and every effect seem to work well.

Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a chance on windows 7 as well, changed nothing and just went through. Updated no driver or anything since late october I got mine.

But really easy to almost forget about panel update as final operation.
Luckily I read instructions.

Not sure what that is even?

I quickly got the earlier issue with that a user oscillator makes a "klonk" every three voices pressed. Power cycle fix that as before. It may be a user oscillator bug, not sure.

But as always, I'm floored every time I turn Prologue on....
Sebo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
I took a chance on windows 7 as well, changed nothing and just went through. Updated no driver or anything since late october I got mine.

But really easy to almost forget about panel update as final operation.
Luckily I read instructions.

Not sure what that is even?

I quickly got the earlier issue with that a user oscillator makes a "klonk" every three voices pressed. Power cycle fix that as before. It may be a user oscillator bug, not sure.

But as always, I'm floored every time I turn Prologue on....

What user oscillator is making that?

Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure which one, just a suspicion.
Under some circumstances having had one preset active with one of them other presets I move to get this "klonk".

But note, only on user multi engine - if that is turned down no issue.

My strongest suspicion is on Mod St among free ones. It also had issues with many people, including me, having a sound at all loading it. So special measures were suggested by developer, and he provided 3 difference versions with more and more features inside. Loading these in sequence finally to regular one worked.

But not reproducable so could be bug when loading user osc just as switching patches, or just some memory violation of code in oscillator - cannot say.

There were one confirmation from another user also that he noticed this at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: