Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some requests to Korg for the next Firmware update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Some requests to Korg for the next Firmware update Reply with quote

I don't know if someone of Korg ever read this forum (or if they have access to internet), but I have some simple request/sugestions that I think it will be useful to most Prologue users:

1 - LFO One Shot Mode like in the Minilogue XD (Very useful to mimic an extra envelope to control the User Engine and the oscillators shape)

2 - A second destination for the LFO with modulation depth. I can live with just one LFO, but please let me control more than one parameter... like having PWM and vibrato at the same time...

3 - MIDI CCs assigned to the User Oscillator Parameters. It will be great to control those parameters with real knobs from a MIDI Controller and to automate them from a DAW.

4 - When switching between User Oscillators the parameters resets to 0, it will be useful to keep the values, so if I move the order of the User Oscillators it is easy to go to a patch and dial the correct User Oscillator.

5 - An extra destination for the Filter EG, specially usefull to control the User Oscillator Engine (may be I'm asking too much...)

6 - Double taping the Shift button to make Shift-lock (like in Wavestate)

That's all, I think there are reasonable and doable requests.
Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/cosaquitos/

Last edited by Sebo on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimmarchi1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with every one of those suggestions. Additionally the pitch EG needs a shift mode to allow it to modulate another VCO parameter like shape or cross mod. Either way. While 1 shot LFO mode with more than 1 destination would take care of that role it also turns my LFO into an envelope leaving me high and dry for other, continuous modulations. I get that the main ethos of this synth is to be a bread and butter 80s poly like an early OBX, but the addition of the 'multi engine' really begs for some more modulation routings for the limited tools that Korg gave us. I'm not asking for it to be a Peak/Summit or DSI instrument, just to give me a bit more flexibility. No matrix menu, just an additional routings for, well, everything that's already there Smile Shift key functionality is nice, but if it has to be done via menu diving I can live with that as long as some of this stuff gets done.

I would also really like an attack control for the LFO, maybe "shift+rate" ??? but that may be asking too much. I really love this synth, I get what its really about, but while I find limited capabilities to really focus my patching, its really just a BIT too limited, especially for something meant to be a flagship product in the 21st century. I hesitate to write a review before the next firmware update. In order to be nice I would have to focus on the lush sounding VCOs and stand out filter sound while ignoring a lot of the features like the multi engine that just don't feel fully realized with the very limited modulation routing offered at present.

I still love you Korg Prologue, just sayin'!
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot believe we get another update with new features - look at top of forum and a sticky thread from april 2018 announces firmware v1.1?????

Nobody even bothered to announce v2.0 here, like officially.
I think we got our final firmware, but could be wrong, I hope I am.

Will be interesting to see what NAMM brings in a couple of weeks.

The envelopes themselves might be digital and updated in firmware - so if to wish one thing would be that shift + every knob on filter envelope were separate pitch envelope, not shared with filter as of now.

You must have sustain point for filter at max counter clockwise to end up in tune, or carefully have to adjust for that which oscillators are part of pitch envelope and tune so final pitch is playable.

But swell for effects with pitch and such - but if to wish for something it would be that.
bujbot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest feature I'd like to see is on the 16 to have the ability to play the main voice on the built in keyboard and the sub voice on a separate MIDI keyboard. This way you can have a dual waterfall setup with different sounds.

I had assumed this feature was available when I bought it and even wrote to Korg to learn how to do it/request it as a feature in the future.

I found a way to hack it using the split keyboard setting, biasing the octave setting on the main voice high and low on the sub voice; then matching the split point to the octave up/down setting on the respective keyboards. ... not a great explanation but if anyone is interested I can do a better job.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things that turned up recently

a) ability to separate transpose on edit button 2 - for main and sub.
So if doing split you can assign which octave that fit the best.

Could be useful in all modes layer and fade as well - where one timbre complement the other the best.

I was able to switch octave after combining on one preset - but that was just lucky it worked. Really should be there, I think.

b) ability to copy parameters to main from sub
I found a factory preset I wanted to use as main but was in sub timbre.

Had to set every parameter so knobs/switches correspond to saved - then activate main and just touch every parameter so it jumps there. Very cumbersome for simple thing.

So could be done with extra function now fetch button 2 on Functions, and this on button 3 not used now, to target main timbre instead with what you browse through.
Sebo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
A couple of things that turned up recently

a) ability to separate transpose on edit button 2 - for main and sub.
So if doing split you can assign which octave that fit the best.

Could be useful in all modes layer and fade as well - where one timbre complement the other the best.

I was able to switch octave after combining on one preset - but that was just lucky it worked. Really should be there, I think.

b) ability to copy parameters to main from sub
I found a factory preset I wanted to use as main but was in sub timbre.

Had to set every parameter so knobs/switches correspond to saved - then activate main and just touch every parameter so it jumps there. Very cumbersome for simple thing.

So could be done with extra function now fetch button 2 on Functions, and this on button 3 not used now, to target main timbre instead with what you browse through.

a) Will be very usefull, I didn't do much layer or split patches on the Prologue yet, so I didn't found that problem, but is totally logical to have control of the octaves for both Main and Sub.

b) As I said, I didn't do much layer or split patches, but there is a function where you can switch between Sub and Main (Main/Sub Position).

Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebo wrote:

b) As I said, I didn't do much layer or split patches, but there is a function where you can switch between Sub and Main (Main/Sub Position).

Thanks.

I think this only swap what is played to the left of the split and to the right - useful.

Or does this work even when sub is off - like it says, use sub parameters intead and treat as Main?

What I wanted to do in this case - was to free up all 8 voices later after fetching sub timbre to main - and continue work on that.

I could just set balance to play 100% sub - but then I loose 4 voices on my P8.

I solved it in this case, but just felt this need will happend again on my own saved stuff too.

Just a thought anyway - unless they release a new Prologue now, as rumoured a bit, maybe with aftertouch keyboard as standard, and they release a firmware v3.0 for everybody to enjoy some other improvements - just my own pitch....and hopes....and more....

Prologue is great sounding and fun to work with too.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there might be new rack versions of the Prologue on the horizon.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=14436044&postcount=6388
flyweight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see PolyAT, or at least midi mono mode.
MPE controllers are the next thing. The Wavestate has PolyAt via midi....

So Korg please!!!

Although the suggestion of extra envelope or lfo's are welcome I am so surprised of the scope of sounds the PL can make.
From this synth I learned to not focus on tech specs anymore. I mean ok 5 lfo's how cool, but better 1 decent one.
Love the prologue, but I would be a shame If I can not use it with the Expressive-E Osmose.

For the next synth please let the prologue have sex with the wavestate and make a hybride wave sequencing synth. Very Happy
Sebo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added another request:
I see that in the Wavestate you can double tap the Shift button to lock the Shift button and don't have to have pressed the Shift button to edit the alternative functions.
It will be great to have this feature in the Prologue, it will be much easier to edit the Shift-Shape parameter of the Multi Engine.

Sebo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyweight wrote:
I would like to see PolyAT, or at least midi mono mode.
MPE controllers are the next thing. The Wavestate has PolyAt via midi....

So Korg please!!!

Although the suggestion of extra envelope or lfo's are welcome I am so surprised of the scope of sounds the PL can make.
From this synth I learned to not focus on tech specs anymore. I mean ok 5 lfo's how cool, but better 1 decent one.
Love the prologue, but I would be a shame If I can not use it with the Expressive-E Osmose.

For the next synth please let the prologue have sex with the wavestate and make a hybride wave sequencing synth. Very Happy

Prologue already have mono AT via MIDI...

I don't know how much processor power is left in the Prologue to add features, I don't think it have much, that's whay ask small things...
I think that implementing MPE will be too much for processor, but I migh be wrong...

Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebo wrote:
I added another request:
I see that in the Wavestate you can double tap the Shift button to lock the Shift button and don't have to have pressed the Shift button to edit the alternative functions.
It will be great to have this feature in the Prologue, it will be much easier to edit the Shift-Shape parameter of the Multi Engine.

Yes, simple but efficient.

I usually do a chord with arpeggiator hold to get both hands free, or one on shift.
flyweight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Sebo wrote:
I added another request:

Yes, simple but efficient.

I usually do a chord with arpeggiator hold to get both hands free, or one on shift.

Yes thats why I opper for PolyAT and not for MPE
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put bugs in another thread. This is for features:
A) 1/2 the oscillators and 2x the code space per oscillator as a bootable configuration!
B) Better yet, a HEAP for all oscillators. little osc's get a little, monster osc's get the rest. No malloc inside osc's of course. That's for the user effects!
C) MORE PARAMETERS for oscillators.

I can wait for the Epilogue to get it though. Smile
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put bugs here since other thread is pre v2.00 only.

Reverb/delay - if off as saved - it's not marked as saved.
You always get a marker for non-off position instead.

Same with Effect - it does not mark off as saved - if so.

All other options like sync/off/ring - you get a mark this is the saved one in current preset.

Neither Reberb/delay or Effect tell you that off was saved position - which it should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: