Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delayed/Missing Authorization Codes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Delayed/Missing Authorization Codes? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've purchased some expansion libraries over the past few days, from a couple of different vendors. I went looking for an authorization code that I managed to NOT capture during the purchase (fool that I am), and was surprised to find that the shop.korg.com/register site doesn't have all the recent purchases I made.

I was wondering, is it normal for it to take a while for authorization codes to make their way to the website? I bunch a bunch of stuff from SoundIron that isn't there at all (but I have those codes), as well as a couple of KaPro libraries.

I'm getting nervous - since Korg doesn't seem to send out emails with purchase details, if the codes aren't captured at the site I'm kind of screwed.

Anyone else noticed this? Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Jim Dunne
Purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Delayed/Missing Authorization Codes? Reply with quote

Jamist wrote:
Hi,

I've purchased some expansion libraries over the past few days, from a couple of different vendors. I went looking for an authorization code that I managed to NOT capture during the purchase (fool that I am), and was surprised to find that the shop.korg.com/register site doesn't have all the recent purchases I made.

I was wondering, is it normal for it to take a while for authorization codes to make their way to the website? I bunch a bunch of stuff from SoundIron that isn't there at all (but I have those codes), as well as a couple of KaPro libraries.

I'm getting nervous - since Korg doesn't seem to send out emails with purchase details, if the codes aren't captured at the site I'm kind of screwed.

Thanks,

Jim Dunne

Only way to resolve this is to email korg, you can't fix it via phone either.

You need to email them on support@korgusa.com and state the problem and remember to take the PUBLIC ID from your kronos (Global Mode, Options Info Tab) or the Kronos registration page on the Korg shop https://shop.korg.com/Kronos/ and click the My Kronos and login to get it from there too.

Not sure what is going on with their pages that hold our keys and purchases but had same thing happen when I purchased the Korg Italian Grand it wouldn't show up on my purchases. Called Korg USA and they said I need to email with above email address and next day they fixed it for me.
Jamist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Delayed/Missing Authorization Codes? Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:
Jamist wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Jim Dunne

You need to email them on support@korgusa.com and state the problem and remember to take the PUBLIC ID from your kronos (Global Mode, Options Info Tab) or the Kronos registration page on the Korg shop https://shop.korg.com/Kronos/ and click the My Kronos and login to get it from there too.

Not sure what is going on with their pages that hold our keys and purchases but had same thing happen when I purchased the Korg Italian Grand it wouldn't show up on my purchases. Called Korg USA and they said I need to email with above email address and next day they fixed it for me.

Thanks - good advice. I sent off the message.

Jim D.
Jamist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Delayed/Missing Authorization Codes? Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:
Jamist wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Jim Dunne

Hi,

I wanted to post an update on how this situation got resolved.

1. I sent in an email right away on Saturday. Assumed because it was the weekend that I wouldn't hear back until the following week. Monday came and went without any response.

2. Tuesday I called Korg Customer Service. Nice folks - they sent a message to the Support folks, who reached out to me within an hour claiming they never got my original message. Shocked

3. I provided them with the list of libraries that I purchased. There was a fair amount of bank and forth. I ended up having to give them specifics on my purchases, and a list of the auth codes I did capture.

4. It was finally resolved satisfactorily - all my codes are now where they're supposed to be, and Support was able to provide me with the one auth code I didn't capture at the time of purchase. Very nice folks.

So all's well that ends well. But consider this a cautionary tale. Make the effort to verify your authorization codes immediately after purchase. I'm pretty sure they would never have showed up if I hadn't had a reason to need to look one up.

Jim D.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they fixed your problem too. Same scenario happened to me as well some months ago about new purchase codes not updated on my My Kronos page. Had to call them as well. Strange that they still have this problem. Everything was updating OK before (in my case, let's say last year and before).
tonybanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple of EXS during the black friday and still have to receive the codes. Money have already been debited on my account. On Shop.Korg all the others EXS of both my Kronos are correctly listed. The unit I wanted to install the EXS into, comes from the Czech Republic, while I live in Italy. So I had to contact the Czech distributor, with no answer. Having read this topic I will try to solve with Korg USA, assuming they'll get my mail Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience is that Korg Shop/Store provides the auth code at time of purchase.

The auth code is followed by a 1 page legal thing, terms of use, etc.

I print all that so I have a permanent record. Which gives me time to type in the code
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#metoo

I had a SNAFU with a Black Friday purchase too. I bought a couple of EXS libraries and one KRS library. The KRS .zip file download was corrupted, and only one of the EXS libraries showed up in my list of registered products.

It took 3 or 4 days of back-and-forth emails with Korg USA support to get it straightened out. It seems that their support people have trouble dealing with more than one issue at a time. It is a pet peeve of mine, working for a large company, that people often can't seem to handle more than one issue in a single email message, no matter how carefully you lay it out and enumerate:
1) Problem #1
2) Problem #2
3) Problem #3

They will act on Problem #1, and try to call it done.
You have to follow up with separate emails for each issue. It gets even more confusing when you are dealing with a support staff that doesn't communicate with one another. The 2nd request goes to someone that doesn't know anything about the 1st request, and so on. You end up having to explain the whole thing multiple times. Mad
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely I am missing a detail or 2.

But I d/l the demo First.

Make sure the demo works

Go back to the Korg shop, go to the specific sample lib.

Put it in my cart. which prompts the step to my account or profile

Type in my top secret email address, PW.

Brings up the payment form. Bang.

Auth code plus legal stuff follows.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
my experience is that Korg Shop/Store provides the auth code at time of purchase.

Hi Greg,

That is correct, but in the past Korg used to also update one's purchases with all the bought EXs authorization codes under the My Kronos / Product Registration Information once logged in. Do you see your recently purchased EX21 code there ? If so, then they might have fixed the bug.

This online info is probably meant to save an owner in case of little disasters, such as SSD meltdown during a gig in Pripyat or losing your printed papers, etc.
tonybanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I contacted Korg USA support as suggested and they solved the problem. Now the codes are displayed on My Kronos page, and EXS have been successfully authorized. Korgforums tested to be an useful place to find infos and help. Thank you.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hi Greg,

That is correct, but in the past Korg used to also update one's purchases with all the bought EXs authorization codes under the My Kronos / Product Registration Information once logged in. Do you see your recently purchased EX21 code there ? If so, then they might have fixed the bug.

This online info is probably meant to save an owner in case of little disasters, such as SSD meltdown during a gig in Pripyat or losing your printed papers, etc.

Hi KK, yes, I verified in " My Kronos "
"Product Registration Information" that my EXS 21 purchase and auth code is there. Plus all my other purchases.

I keep a hard copy screen shot for convenience. I know, who does that ?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hi Greg,

Hi KK, yes, I verified in " My Kronos "
"Product Registration Information" that my EXS 21 purchase and auth code is there. Plus all my other purchases.

I keep a hard copy screen shot for convenience. I know, who does that ?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

Cool, seems they finally fixed the Korg site bug. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: