Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer driving me crazy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gminorcoles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Sequencer driving me crazy Reply with quote

I can’t figure it out. I am sequencing stuff in reaper and FL studio instead and then recording the Kronos as audio into the DAE which is not optimal.

I read the sequencer tips but first you have to be able to make a song st all, so far I can’t.

I was thinking of a hybrid workflow where i route audio into the daw when I am tracking and then route midi to a totally different DAW literally on a different pc. This may sound weird but I did it with two MV 8800s one was for audio the other for midi. It worked but the lack of ease in editing on the MV doomed the project, I always gravitated back to the DAW.

How do I set this up.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past, as long as I only recorded instrumental music, I used only the Kronos sequencer (16 midi tracks and 16 audio tracks). This was always enough and satisfying for the purpose I wanted to achieve.
But the possibilities of mixing and also automation of the Kronos did not seem to me any more sufficient for the recording of the voices of a singer and their mixings with the instrumental tracks. Also, now I'm using Sequoia which is connected to the Kronos (midi and audio). And I must admit that I have never encountered any problems (neither sync nor latency, even with many tracks). The perfect combination !
But it is no less true that the sequencer of the Kronos serves me as a starting point for my recordings.
Idea

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you work or start with all the other tools, I have no idea.

I am 100% SEQ on all my songs, so I live in SEQ mode.

I can't determine if you are starting with midi tracks or using Kronos programs, etc.

If you are starting with inserting a bunch of audio, thats a different set of steps
gminorcoles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start with maybe something I play on the piano then I move to the kronos to track a few bars. But I find the Kronos SEQ super duper confusing and unusable so I play the kronos into my PC into the DAW as midi.

Then later I might play hat midi back, after some editing and overdubs , into kronos, and record the output of the kronos as audio, because a lot of the kronos sounds are better or as good as the sounds in my soft synths.

I can accomplish this no problem but it is cumbersome and I am really frustrated that it's so hard to use the Kronos sequencer (for me). I envy people who are comfortable with it.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gminorcoles wrote:
I start with maybe something I play on the piano then I move to the kronos to track a few bars. But I find the Kronos SEQ super duper confusing and unusable so I play the kronos into my PC into the DAW as midi.

Then later I might play hat midi back, after some editing and overdubs , into kronos, and record the output of the kronos as audio, because a lot of the kronos sounds are better or as good as the sounds in my soft synths.

I can accomplish this no problem but it is cumbersome and I am really frustrated that it's so hard to use the Kronos sequencer (for me). I envy people who are comfortable with it.

that sounds [ the piano thing]. close to my begining a new Song on the SEQ.

I have a 4 or 8 chord progression on piano.
I set my tempo.
Press the red record on midi channel 1.
Press 3 buttons, countdown, eyeballs on beat 1
Bang out the chords for whatever measures.
Stop.

There has to be 20 YouTubes that illustrate this. M3, Oasys, Kronos.

That Korg SEQ has been around for +10 years.

Another theory is that it helps to be good at numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: