Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue xd 2.0 key trig bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PulseReset

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Minilogue xd 2.0 key trig bug? Reply with quote

So I was going through the functionality of the latest update today to see how I could best utilize it, and I ran into a little speed bump. It's really not a huge deal but I noticed the sequencer doesn't work right on tie-ins when in unison or chord mode.
Attached is a video of what I mean and I was wondering if anyone else could recreate it, or if once again it is just a problem unique to me. Like i said though no biggie, but if you could would ya? And let me know?
https://youtu.be/KabU9y02nmw
PulseReset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT]
I have discovered by turning EG Legato off it resolves the issue in a way, but still, it dynamically changes the sound of the original sequence, and yet still the root key works just fine. It seems like such a minor thing, but it really does make a huge difference.
KorgyMutt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Lots of Possibilities Reply with quote

There is sone really nice things you can do with trig. Number one - creating a drone/hold function - which is different from the latch you find for arpeggiators. 1.Real-Time record a drone tone on middle C (You have to release REC button BEFORE you lift off note/key - otherwise the XD will record an off-note midi message and there will be a pulse instead of a continuous uninterrupted sequenced tone. i.e. drone).
2. Now set to trig/hold and keyboard notes will remain on until you change note. Monophonic only obviously because you can only play one sequence at a time - unless you want to hold chords - then you would record a chord drone.
PulseReset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@korgymutt

Yes I agree it has a lot of benefits, I was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem though or if it was intentionally programmed that way. Like it's not actually on hold mode but when I release the key the note will sustain indefinitely, like the note is just stuck on until I turn off the function or re trigger the sequence. It only seems to happen when there is no definable gate between two steps of a sequence and the notes are keyed up or down within the sequence regardless of the ladder notes length... like, it's just never recieving an end gate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: