Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NatLife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

hi guys!
i made a little test of Saw sound from both synthesizers:
1. U-He Diva
2. Korg King Korg
I tried to maximize the sound for each other so that you can trace the difference if there is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ERhRBuv_YE
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always interesting to compare, thank you.

I tried to establish if there is a difference between saw and the reverse(ramp) since I got some incredible saw pads in Waves Element which uses saw - and then Nordlead, DeepMind doing reverse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawtooth_wave

It does not seem to be waveform that makes difference. Must be about filters.

I also bought the "one" oscillator for Prologue to be able to both variations and everything in between.
https://sellfy.com/soundmangling

Supposed to mimic something in Moog.

So interesting to mix the saw from Prologue with One to let them cancel each other to various degree.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

NatLife wrote:
hi guys!
1. U-He Diva
2. Korg King Korg
I tried to maximize the sound for each other so that you can trace the difference if there is one.

Heck of a difference there. Sampled from your video:-

Diva sawtooth
Kingkorg

Your Diva example sounds and looks almost like a linear digital sawtooth, very bright. Some serious filtering on the Korg however, though, adding bottom end for a rounded waveshape. That's not a raw sawtooth you'd expect from a VA that has been zero'd (init patch). I suspect you have the tube cranked up, which tends to dull transients and round the bottom end, or you've added EQ to the low end, or some other processing applied to it.
NatLife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
NatLife wrote:
hi guys!
1. U-He Diva
2. Korg King Korg

Diva sawtooth
Kingkorg

Your Diva example sounds and looks almost like a linear digital sawtooth, very bright. Some serious filtering on the Korg however, though, adding bottom end for a rounded waveshape. That's not a raw sawtooth you'd expect from a VA that has been zero'd (init patch). I suspect you have the tube cranked up, which tends to dull transients and round the bottom end, or you've added EQ to the low end, or some other processing applied to it.

Yeah, you right - as i said i tryed to sound King moe close to Diva, so i used King's Tube, 2 different filter types, eq in it - because King's INIT patch sounds absolutely not like DIVA's INIT)
NatLife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
NatLife wrote:
hi guys!
1. U-He Diva
2. Korg King Korg

Diva sawtooth
Kingkorg

Yeah, you right - as i said i tryed to sound King moe close to Diva, so i used King's Tube, 2 different filter types, eq in it - because King's INIT patch sounds absolutely not like DIVA's INIT)
NatLife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
NatLife wrote:
hi guys!
1. U-He Diva
2. Korg King Korg

Diva sawtooth
Kingkorg

Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kingkorg vs U-He Diva Reply with quote

NatLife wrote:
Yeah, you right - as i said i tryed to sound King moe close to Diva

I guess there are really three ways to do this kind of comparison:

1. see how the two compare when you use the same settings on both

2. assuming they sound different, see if you can tweak board A so that it sounds more like board B, or

3. see if you can tweak board B so that it sounds more like board A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: