Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling and Saving data HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cary keyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Sampling and Saving data HELP! Reply with quote

Can someone help with easy step by step of sampling and how to actually save the sample? I've gone through many videos, Starting of with Global mode and adding a new KSC at start up but for some reason when I re name the sample, convert it to a Musti Sample, assign it to a user bank in set list mode, and try to save all, when I turn Kronos back on, the sample is not saved.

The manual is confusing. Is there an easy way some one can email the steps to make sure I'm sampling correctly? My email is carykeyz1@gmail.com, I really appreciate the the help!

Chat Conversation End
Type a message...
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to deal with just one sample or several? I suggest you check out this video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaRY7SvVTZU

If you have been successful creating samples check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abckX_qpvJU

Take note at :52 in the video. It shows you how to save your work. I personally find 'save all' the easiest way to preserve my edits and samples.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you "Save Sampling Data" in Disk Mode (Page Menu Commands in the "Save" tab)?
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Did you "Save Sampling Data" in Disk Mode (Page Menu Commands in the "Save" tab)?

This is likely the issue, based on my growing pains. The sample needs to be saved to disk prior to converting to MS, else the sample won’t be linked and it will be lost after shutdown.

Here is the workflow I’m using, thanks to a bunch of research, failed attempts, and good posts and videos from helpful folks:

1. Go into Global, deselect all KSC files (note which are already unchecked if they aren’t all auto-loaded, so that you can set it back up once you’re done), and press the auto-load button;

2. Go into Disk mode and load the sample file;

3. Go into Sampling mode and add the sample to the new sample page;

4. Assign key(s) as appropriate;

5. Rename the MS

6. Go into Disk mode and save Sampling Data - I’m using the Sampling Mode Data, All, and Force new User Sample Bank ID options;

7. Go into Global mode and add the new KSC to the list; I’m also selecting the rest of the KSC files to auto-load here so that I don’t forget;

8. Go back into Sampling mode and select the menu option to convert MS to Program;

9. Go back into Disk mode and save the PCG data;

This workflow seems to be working well for me - hope this helps?
janrhansen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok This is a little more advanced, but when we are on the topics of sampling workflow.

Does anyone know or have tried if its possible to load "parts" of the preload packs the Kronos comes with, and create a new "streamlined" pack without those samples you dont really need, to get more memory to load your own or 3'rd party purchases.

Its the same with when you purchase a big soundpack, is it possible to eg split some sax and brass sounds from eg the big Kapro libraries out, or do you "Have" to load the whole library because of the way licensing work ?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan, looks like that might be possible although, maybe tedious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: