Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD Firmware 2.0 update doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cemego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Minilogue XD Firmware 2.0 update doesn't work Reply with quote

I have always had problems with Korg connectivity to a windows PC. Their drivers stink and when they release updates they never work as advertised.

My win10 computer recognizes the XD. Even the sound librarian works, but the firmware 2.0 updater will NOT recognize the XD even when it is in update mode. There is no place to go for help and there is no support anywhere.

Another Windows/Korg connectivity issue. Typical. Korg just DOES NOT FUNCTION WITH WINDOWS. NEVER DID. NEVER DOES.
cemego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: FIGURED IT OUT AND IT SUCKS!!!! Reply with quote

OK OK OK! I GOT IT! THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

First I needed to use a piece of software called UNLOCKER. It allows you to unlock system files to delete them AFTER REBOOT.

went through the registry using regedit to delete every key related to the Korg USB driver.

Searched the C: drive for anything with "korg" in it. Deleted anything (other than my own data files) that have "Korg" in it. I did not delete any Sony Acid or Ableton folder'd Korg stuff... just Korg files that were related to Korg specific software (library editors, etc). NOTE: I HAD TO USE THE UNLOCKER SOFTWARE as some of the .sys files were locked and could only be deleted after reboot.

Reinstalled the Korg USB driver and BOOM everything worked as advertised.

FOLKS! THIS PROVES THAT KORG DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WINDOWS USERS. They make it so their drivers remain in the system making it impossible to update them when new versions come out and there is no possible way (windows uninstall, or otherwise) to purge them unless you sit and hack your registry and UNLOCK the files they poison your system32 folder with.

KORG needs to seriously start listening to windows users as Apple is a fruit and not an operating system or computer.

I WILL be sending a fa-LAMING email about this to Korg support so they hopefully get their head out of their ass's and start supporting Windows users properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: