Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Individual outputs for surround sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Individual outputs for surround sound Reply with quote

I hope I'm not asking something which may seem blindingly obvious....
but I've poured over the parameter manuals and still can't seem to get a configuration where I'm using for example...

output 1/2 as rear channels which are configured as very wet reverb'd instances of the same oscillators which are output as standard(via effects) across the L/R and have that as my front stereo sound field.
I'm trying to set up a standard concert hall sound stage with the instruments across the front, while the rear as the reverb reflection ambience. This means I need to be able to parallel the OSC sources to separate IFX's and then the separate outputs.

I don't really want to create a combi and double up my instrument voices in order to route them. Does anyone use their Kronos as a surround sound output device?

I became interested in this while playing around with the excellent multichannel USB outputs of the Montage, with some spectacular result using VST's. Though I can route the Kronos through the Montage to achieve this, I wanted to be able to hook 4 monitors to the Kronos freestanding to create the surround, as sadly, the Kronos doesn't have multichannel USB audio.

The mixer and effects configs on the Kronos seem to be either/or with serial chaining, and not so much parallel routing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: