Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"BIG" Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject: "BIG" Problem Reply with quote

My first Kronos was an 88 key, I got it about 6 months ago or so. I am a synth nerd and playing piano keys or hammered action takes a serious toll on my wrists. Having spent some time on the K, I fell in love with the features and sound, I just had to get a 61 key and got a pretty good deal on one that's fairly old.
So I have this near mint 88 key K1. The problem is I can't find a box to ship it in. All the local retailers save their 88 key boxes for when they ship 88 keys. Any ideas on where to get a box big and sturdy enough for shipping a K?
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shipping it to a ' buyer " ?

Try FedX or UPS. It will cost. If you ship with either, they should be accommodating.

And if going to a buyer, double box it
Hector Space

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: "BIG" Problem Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
My first Kronos was an 88 key, I got it about 6 months ago or so. I am a synth nerd and playing piano keys or hammered action takes a serious toll on my wrists. Having spent some time on the K, I fell in love with the features and sound, I just had to get a 61 key and got a pretty good deal on one that's fairly old.
So I have this near mint 88 key K1. The problem is I can't find a box to ship it in. All the local retailers save their 88 key boxes for when they ship 88 keys. Any ideas on where to get a box big and sturdy enough for shipping a K?

I had a similar problem with a Roland RD700SX a few years ago. Similar size and weight to the Kronos 88. I had no box for it. So I made one. If you’re a bit handy with the diy it’s not hard. The biggest issue is getting sheets of double walled corrugated cardboard. So i glued and taped smaller box (from the supermarket) panels together and used the thinnest wooden battening to make a simple frame to staple the card on to. Then I made the spaced expanded polystyrene inserts out of 2inch (50mm) insulation panels - this gives enough of a gap to ensure if something penetrates the cardboard it doesn’t reach the keyboard. I cut these inserts with a hot knife - you can use a saw but it’s messy!. Finally I covered the outside with a layer of polyethylene sheet (again from the builders merchants). A box like this will weigh about 10kg for an 88 note keyboard so it’ll bring the total weight of the package with the Kronos to about 40kg. My buyer received the piano in good shape, even though the courier had left it outside their house!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: