Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Functions that I wish to be in the next update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EL_JAKE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Functions that I wish to be in the next update Reply with quote

First of all you can copy certain bells from one combi to another by asking them the location of the same or automatically occupy the empty places of the new combi already built.
Suppose that a combi I add bass, drums, guitar timers, etc. occupying the bell 10 to 16 to be shot by a controller by Midi and that same programming I want to copy to several of my combis without having to edit one by one. But it sticks in empty places. As with the split mode, it automatically places the bass or split sound in an unused space.
The second is very similar but in sequencer mode.
For example I am doing a topic occupying tracks 1 to 4 per midi and then it occurs to me to import a combi and what I would not like is for me to write the first places erasing what I built before. Rather, take the empty tracks first. For example, when adding a combi to our project, I copied the combi without deleting the above seeing that places are empty and then paste the imported combi to my sequencer. Thank you and I await a prompt response of this idea to see what you think.
Finally, with a combination of buttons you can transport the scale that one is touching or on screen without having to go to Global and touch the settings.
IAA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a user forum.

If its a wish list type thing then I guess you could send to Korg directly or it just joins the lists many in here have done already Very Happy
EL_JAKE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where is that list? And there is no one to have contact or work for Korg ... The truth or idea ... But I don't know how you can do something like that with a high-performance keyboard.
Sorry I do not want anyone to misunderstand ... I just give an idea sincerely do not know who I have to address but if we are perhaps many people who ask for these new layers we have an answer.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum has a long list of suggestions scattered over + 8 years.

At this point in time, you might email Korg directly. Something named Product Support. Go to the Korg web site to get the exact Korg email
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. The M3 forum has a dedicated wishlist topic, and it's a sticky topic at that. Thinking about it.... it's kinda weird the Kronos forum doesn't have one. Seems like an oversight. ;)

And on occasion, a Korg employee or two does drop by and comment. I couldn't say how often they read the forums, but they do show up from time to time.

Not that I'm in charge of anything here, cuz I'm not, and I can only speak for myself, but if anybody wants to make a wishlist here on the forums, I don't have a problem with that at all. It's on topic, and it often leads to "robust" yet very polite discussions as well as a bit of education, to be fair. Sometimes the things people wish for are already there... they just didn't realize it.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, HardSync.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could ask our mod to set up the sticky.

I am hesitant because I think its too late to expect much from Korg on Kronos.

They presence here , response wise is minimal.

Early on, Dan was ever present answering numerous questions. He was great.

As many of us regulars know, that changed some years ago.

My hesitation on the sticky is due to 'expectation setting '. Folks would think they are communicating to Korg but there is no proof of that. Not anymore.

But thats my non wishful thinking bias.
EL_JAKE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to make a Special Theme of wishes for Kronos and expose our ideas as customers and owners of their instruments ... since after all their sales depends on keeping the customer in line, and it would be interesting if we put some email as a signature so that the forum moderator send an email to korg with the wish list and a link to the post. We must never lose hope, we lose nothing since we all think there are Kronos for a while. Since I'm sorry for my English, I'm using a translator and I hope we can do something good for such an important investment we all made. God bless you.
SKung

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that there already are many threads containing feature requests like these:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61868
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112587
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114897
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114897
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109052
IAA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My hesitation on the sticky is due to 'expectation setting '. Folks would think they are communicating to Korg but there is no proof of that. Not anymore

I agree Greg. That boat has sailed I think!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAA wrote:
Quote:

My hesitation on the sticky is due to 'expectation setting '. Folks would think they are communicating to Korg but there is no proof of that. Not anymore

I agree Greg. That boat has sailed I think!

while Kronos is. terrific keyboard, there are many areas to improve on, lets say 100 of them.

Given its been 8 yrs, my guess its more likely that a new model will capture numerous improvements. IMO, thats more likely to happen vs a feature tweak or 2 to the current Kronos OS, etc.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm afraid the Korg' staff absolutely don't care of users' wishes. I guess they have their own plan for several years, whatever we could ask.
Just have a look a the last version of Kronos : Kronos SE. I'm not sure there were many people who asked "Hi, Mr Korg, could you please give us a red painted Kronos !" ; or "please, add an italian piano".

So, Korg does what it wants, when it wants. That's my opinion.

Last edited by Liviou2004 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm afraid the Korg' staff absolutely don't care of users' wishes. I guess they have their own plan for several years, whatever we could ask.
Just have a look a the last version of Kronos : Kronos SE. I'm not sure there were many people who asked "Hi, Mr Korg, could please give us a red painted Kronos !" ; or "please, add an italian piano".

So, Korg does what it wants, when it wants. That's my opinion.

I agree. If you or I look at their new products the pst 2-3 years, that is exactly their priority.

I always notice how Yamaha and Roland have stepped up their communication to users, owners, the past few years.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Another clue of what I told before :

This Korg forum can be considered as THE Korg Forum around the world. Look at the numbers : more than 15,000 topics and more than 177,000 posts for the Kronos only ! Absolutely incredible.

Well, if Korg Company would have wanted to take care of our users' opinions or wishes, don't you think they would have post here ? They would have been certain to contact the largest panel of users if they had wanted to take our opinion into account, in order to develop some new versions or a Kronos successor. No, they just don't care.

The customer policy of Korg Company remains a complete mystery for my understanding !! Think
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Korg is lucky to have this Kronos forum and really, all the other Korg product forums here.

It seems like Korg should be a little more gracious of all the free product and training support available here. But maybe I am being unrealistic.

If I were President or CEO of Korg in Japan, I would operate much differently in the area of customer communication. And I ran a successful small business for 10 years, plus decades working in management for well known tech co's. So I have a good feel for complex organizations.

This has been my opinion about Korg communication for many years.

As I stated prior, Roland and Yamaha have tangibly opened up communication to customers, users, the overall community.

They get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: