Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having trouble with keeping new sounds from KaPro.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danny59

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Having trouble with keeping new sounds from KaPro. Reply with quote

This is my first post so I'm sorry if this has been asked. I recently purchased 8 gig worth of Piano sounds from KaPro for my 2019 Kronos. I'm running the newest software. Everything went fine as I followed the instructions. All 127 different piano sounds loaded into U-G, and I went through them and they all worked perfectly. I even enetered the unlocking codes since I did purchase them through Korgs website. When I was done I shut down the Kronos as usual, but the next day when I went to open the piano sounds in U-G they were all gone. I went back into disk mode and re-entered the EXs file for each of the 5 blocks 80,81,82,83,84. This time they stayed in the correct place (0-127 U-G), after turning off and back on the Kronos, but now there isn't any sound. So it seems like I'm close to doing it right but I'm obviously doing something wrong. This is the first time I've messed with the file system and I just need a little help getting to the finish line. Thank you for any help you can offer. Danny
Sweat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to configure Auto Load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SxbRXKZCFs
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you loaded them, you did go into Disk mode and save your PCG data, correct? If not, read the Saving Data section in the Operations Guide (staring on page 199) and be sure to be very familiar with how to save changes to Programs, Combi's, Samples and the associated data.

Also, make sure that you adopt a regular backup strategy. I save my PCG data frequently, and make separate backups before and after I make any significant changes.

Any time you change a Program or Combi, or Setlist entry for that matter, be sure to write the changes and then save the PCG data before you shut down. In Program or Combi mode, you can use the Rec/Write button in the Sequencer section as a hotkey shortcut to the save menu option.
danny59

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Hello, I wanted to thank you for the quick reply and I will try your recommendation first thing tomorrow. I'll let you know if it worked, thanks again.
Danny
danny59

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: It worked Reply with quote

I want to let you know that your suggestion worked and I am very appreciative of your help.
Thank you,
Danny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: