Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Sample Robot .ksc Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfootjim159

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Loading Sample Robot .ksc Files Reply with quote

I am getting ready to purchase Sample Robot so I can transfer patches from my Triton Rack to my Kronos to simplify things. I am still a bit green on the sampling thing. I have some .ksc files that I have set to Auto Load. I am concerned that when I create additional files and have them Auto load as well they might all not load in the same order thus loosing the reference to the programs that use them. If someone could clarify this for me and perhaps give me the steps I need to do this I would be eternally grateful! Thanks!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a problem with the Kronos. Each KSC is given a unique identifier. The system knows where the files are located on your SSD. The Kronos is far ahead of the traditional sampler approach (still in use by other manufacturers) which use pointers to sample slots, so if the order of the samples changes, the pointers will point to (and playback) the wrong samples.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
aether

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the side, have you checked how is the samplerobot loop creation? they claim it does autoloops, but whilst I was considerin buying it, I suspect it may do a terrible job in figuring out (especially for evolving and fluctuating patches) where to put loop points.
Whenever I tried with my human abilities, it took absolute ages to arrive at loop points with big cross-fades to get the sample sound in any way tolerable.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used SR to do batch loops, but I typically take them into Wavelab for fine-tuning. SR lets you set the loop at a percentage in-point of the WAV, so you can't say start the loop at 5 seconds in for each wave in the batch, but if you fiddle with the settings you can get good results. Wavelab is great for fine-tuning an existing loop and checking out alternative loop points. So for me, the combination is really good. BTW, Wavelab Elements is perfectly fine for this. You don't need the full version of WL.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the ease and ability to find perfect loop points varies greatly depending on the source material. Some sounds are infinitely harder than others.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: