Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combis and Karma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Combis and Karma Reply with quote

Hey, guys.

I'm just now getting around to exploring Karma. Having sorted my problems controlling the Fantom from the Kronos, I was delighted to see that the Karma data gets transmitted and plays on the Fantom's tones. I knew Karma was MIDI but I wasn't sure if it would go to external instruments, so this is very cool.

That said, I had tested this with a single program, playing a tone on the Fantom's zone 16, which is the Global channel I'm using on the Kronos. However, when I tried to enable Karma in the Combi that's pointing to the Fantom, I got no arpeggios.

Yesterday I updated my Combi by unchecking all the boxes in all three MIDI Filter pages, with the exception of the damper and joystick +/- Y.

Are there MIDI filters that need to be enabled in a Combi to allow Karma to transmit, or some other switch I need to flip?

Would appreciate any insights you might have.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Stephen Kay's answer in this thread, regarding KARMA MIDI out in Combi mode:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=126683

ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, voip!

That's exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like the best approach for my scenario is to just use a single program pointed at the Fantom when I want to use Karma.

I'm purely in the studio these days so if I need to record one sound at a time it's not a big deal. I'm just exploring the boundaries to see what is and isn't possible.

And at the risk of mentioning something blindingly obvious to everyone else, holy cow. Karma is like an arp on steroids that then mutated and took on a life of its own. Very cool.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: