Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg DRS-1 without remote. Sysex Editor possibilities?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
part12studios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Korg DRS-1 without remote. Sysex Editor possibilities?! Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm a long time Korg fan and user. My first Korg was a polysix in 1994 for $300 or so, but i was too much of a noob to know that the battery in it was a timebomb and within the year of me owning it, the unit was destroyed by acid leaking on the board.. though I must say, the sounds it made for awhile there were kinda amazing.. as the circuits were dissolving..

my second synth and one I still have is my DW-8000... I'll never part with that baby willingly. Hoping to find modifications for it possibly but unfortunately they existed when I was also a noob in the world of post purchase modifications..

So my latest Korg adventure is this. I got my hands on a DRS-1 and it's in great shape, but it has no remote. This makes the thing basically a SET-00 drum kit only and that's OK, but so much this thing could do that I can't without that darn remote.

I just want to know if anyone knows if these things could be edited with sysex at all. It seems hard to believe they would make this device be ENTIRELY reliant on the remote. Korg knew all about sysex implementation at that time. My DW8000 is a testament to that.

Alternatively, does anyone know if there might be a way to find out what the IR signals were for the 40 button remote? I'm imagining some way of training a standard programmable remote to learn the IR signals and become a surrogate remote.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. I'd love to try and expand one with more sounds and such, but not if I can't interface with it.

Thanks,
Caleb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: