Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing Track Parts From Sequencer Mode To Style Intro 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patpsc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Importing Track Parts From Sequencer Mode To Style Intro 1 Reply with quote

All,

When creating the intro part for a style, I often use the sequencer mode to sequence the intro parts (traditional way) and saved it as SMF then importing it into the style INTRO1. Everything was imported great except the sounds or instruments used were all wrong. So I have to manually correct each instrument name as originally recorded in the sequencer. The same thing when I use VAR1 (for example) to record the intro in style recording mode and saved it as a SMF file for importing into the INTRO1.

Is there a simple or quick way to copy all ACCs track's instruments from a VAR to the INTRO1 in one shot without going back and forth between VAR1 and INTRO1 for each part/track?

Thanks.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you create a song on sequencer it does save the sounds.
First step is to be sure the sequencer channels you write to,match the channels of the style (ch9=bass,10=drums,11=perc,12=acc1....) .

The problem might be in your style,if for example you already have midi information data on I1.
Check if there is a second CV on I1.
Try to delete all from I1 before importing the midi.
Make sure the Initialize box at import midi tab is unchecked before you import the midi file.
In case you still don't see the right sounds after importing the midi file,try this :
Copy V1-cv1 into I1-cv1...Now you have the sounds but you have to get rid the data.To do that,press NOT ''DELETE ALL'' ,but ''DETELE'' tab chose all from element i1-cv1.Now you have the sounds without the data.
Now import the midi file and you are done.

A quick way to change sounds within style is this :
press MENU-->element trk controls....now switching between I1 and V1 you can see the sounds each variation has and of course you can change anything you want.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
patpsc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I will check it out tonight.
patpsc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I still couldn’t copy the sounds from Var to Intro because the PA4X won’t allow copying all sound parts from Var to Intro. But the opposite, it only allows copying sounds from Intro to Var. This is strange.

My purpose is to create an Intro part by using the Quick Recording mode and save it into the midi file, then import it into the Intro1 in style edit mode. Correct the sounds for each part is very time consuming...
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy all from the variation (for example V1-CV1) to Intro 1 (i1-CV1) and then delete the data for each channel from the Delete page (not the delete all page) that will leave just the sound assignment. If you import the midi into the intro and check the initialize box it should bring in the sound assignment as well but if you want the sound assignment from the variation then leave it unchecked after following the 2 steps above. Setting the sound assignment for 8 sounds should take about 20 seconds tops if you take a picture of the sound assignment or if you use custom resources that have been copied and pasted to a sequential order

i.e.
Drums-USER DK1-Page 1-Slot 1,
Perc-USER DK 1-Page 1-Slot 2
Bass- SOUND 1-Page 1-Slot 1
Acc1- SOUND 1-Page 1-Slot 2
Acc2- SOUND 1-Page 1-Slot 3
Etc......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: