Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck notes after switching from SONG in setlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Stuck notes after switching from SONG in setlist Reply with quote

Hi,

As part of a song I'm playing, I've lined up a setlist to progress me through the song. The first is a 20-something bar, midi-only, SEQ intro. The second and onwards are plain COMBI and PROG. With the SONG selected in the SETLIST, I press play and at the end of the intro I hit my switch pedal to jump to the next entry in the SETLIST. I only rely on the pedal-switching, I don't have a free hand to press STOP at this time.

The problem is that if I hit the switch pedal a tiny bit early, there are still MIDI notes playing in the SONG, and these never get the note release, and as a consequence, I'll have some strings playing those final notes of the intro, even as I move to my first COMBI and play that. As you can expect, this gets messy quite fast.

I've kinda worked around it by manually trimming the last notes in the SEQ so that they end a bit early, thus giving me half a second in which it is "safe" to swtich, but it is a bit unpredictable.

Is there some setting in the SONG or GLOBAL to send note-off when moving out of the song? Kinda like a midi reset that you have in many DAWs? Or are there some other workarounds?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumb question.

Are you setting up SEQ/PCG type song files to SetList ?

Or Completed Audio WAV files to your SetList ?

for me, setting up finished WAV/audio files for Set List would be goof proof.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GregC,

The setlist consists of first a MIDI-only SEQ project followed by a few different COMBIs. No audio there at the moment.

It is a good point that I could rely on an audio project instead. That would solve the stuck notes, and I might end up doing that if I can't get the switching down.

But at the same time, it is nice to keep it a midi project. Takes next to no space, and it is easy to make tweaks to it..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like a midi issue- I know, stating the obvious

In SEQ mode, I run into similar run-ons using the sustain. I have to quickly kick the sustain pedal, to shut off the overlap. It is annoying.

Another idea- reset[ the check box] your midi filter check boxes for the combis, SEQ songs, etc
Gunnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my guess is that the while-playing switching of the song ends up not sending the note-off midi event, and thus the note sustains.

But as I move to the COMBI, the song is implicitly stopped though, at which point, I'd expect it to be able to also send a song-wide note off across all channels. Otherwise, behaviour is very unpredictable.
siwaj11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Stuck notes Reply with quote

Hi all

I have the same problem with stuck notes but in live scenario.

My korg Kronos and my key studio49 Midi controller is connected to iConnectivity mid4+ to control my Roland Integra7.

Everything is working fine except sometimes notes get stuck when I hit a note from my keystudio 49 midi controller. same also in kronos.

by the way the notes that are getting stuck is from my Roland Intgra7 only.
any thoughts or ideas for a workaround?

Thank you in advance. Very Happy

Cheers

Gear: Korg Kronos, Korg K 49 Series, Korg Nanopad, KRK Rokit 8, iMac, Integra 7,LogicProX, Reason 4, Sennheiser Microphone, Shure SLX, Behringer X32, Behinger XR18, iConnectivity midi4+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: