Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ribbon controller pressure sensitivity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMTGuy28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Ribbon controller pressure sensitivity Reply with quote

I've been restoring a Trinity Plus I picked up for $75. One of the last things I've done is to replace the ribbon as the existing one basically didn't work directionally. It acted more like a switch that only had a huge middle section and two end zones at the very extreme left and right ends. Sliding my finger down it's length did not result in anything like a linear response.

You can't get these things new anymore. The one I got had obviously been used but it seems to work fine. It responds well to horizontal position and it responds to pressure. Having no experience with a Trinity or the Korg pressure controllers I have no idea how the pressure controller responded originally. My replacement isn't like an on/off switch but there is relatively little range over which one can modulate the pressure. Certainly it's nowhere near as responsive as the aftertouch pressure sensor which can be used for subtle effects like opening the filter.

Is this normal or did the original ribbon pressure sensor have more range like the aftertouch sensor?

Thanks,

Scott
MMTGuy28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note that when I first started testing this Trinity, the aftertouch wasn't very good either. It kicked in way too easily and had very little depth to it regardless of the sensitivity. It was just about impossible to be subtle with it. I gather either the pressure strip and/or the keybed have aged a bit changing the response.

I adjusted the aftertouch sensor board. Both the Offset and Gain had to be adjusted but now the AT engages with the right amount of pressure and provides a nice linear range to produce subtle control of various parameters.

I suppose it's possible that the ribbon pressure sensor might also benefit from an adjustment. The ribbon control board has the same adjustments.

I'd just like to know what sort of pressure range I should expect from the ribbon before adjusting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: