Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect chord detection in one finger mode with Transpose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassprotw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Incorrect chord detection in one finger mode with Transpose Reply with quote

Greetings,
I'm an amatuer and new to Korg. Have been playing Yamaha keyboard for a little while.
I found an issue and it's been bothering me for a few days.

I play with "one finger" chord detection mode as it's painless for a true amatuers like me...
However, once Transpose shifted, Chord detection goes wrong on some keys.

For example, I shifted Transpose to E.
When pressed the C and the next black note to the left. The chord was supposed to be Em, but it appears to be E7 chord.

When pressed the C and the next white note to the left. The chord was supposed to be E7, but it appears to be Em chord.

Anyone seeing this issue? Any suggestion or comments?
Backpool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bass - Even with other chord detection modes i have noticed issues, but very, very 'minor' and been able to work around them. i suppose it is easy when you are using full chords or at least 3 notes.
Single finger, I dont ever use so this has never been an issue for me. I would imagine with this there would be more problems as the board has less of a basis to assess your required full chording from a single note and there are BOUND to be limitations in what chords it can produce for so few single keys in an octave.... again not quite sure how SF works......

I would take this up with Korg support and see what they come back with.

Sorry this is maybe not the answer you are looking for but there wont be many forum members, well i imagine who tend to use this function.

Hope you get sorted and do post back if you get any answers.

Regards - Keith
jakf

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I had this type of problem with a new keyboard in February 2020, that I returned, summary:
I try to use the "One Finger" mode and I notice a random but frequent problem which makes the listening with false notes:
In this mode the key alone generates the major chord for example E, it is ok.
For the minor chord we associate the black key immediately to the left which generates a Em, the generated sound is correct but when we release
the keys the chord switches randomly (almost once in two) on the E or the Eb. It's the same for 7th chords, 2nd white key to the left of the base note.
It is as if the system interpreted the chord on the last released key, debounce tempo too short in the software or keyboard contact bounce problem?

I see with last OS v2.9 : Improved OneFinger behavior.
Can someone confirm me that one finger mode is working correctly now, before a new purchase
thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: