Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Questions: Ext. Vid Settings & Dark Screen Backli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longeze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Screen Questions: Ext. Vid Settings & Dark Screen Backli Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a new Korg 900 user with display issues. Since no-one bothered to answer my questions I thought I'd provide the answers for others who may have to service their displays/touchscreens.

Questions:

1) Can the "Mirror" setting be saved as the startup default? NO

2) Can the backlight be purchased separately or can one be retrofitted to the LCD without need to replace the entire display? AFAIK, NO, but the display & touchscreen can be purchased separately.

3) I read here that others have used an aftermarket LCD display to repair their Korg synths. Is this possible on my KB & does anyone have any recommendations for a substitute part? YES it's possible, I bought mine off ebay since the price from Korg was ridiculous.

3) To access the display for service, does the entire KB need to be disassembled or are the LCD & associated driver boards accessible by removing the (3?)back panel screws? You have to disassemble just about every friggn screw in the KB to get to the touchscreen. It's ridiculous engineering. Whoever allowed these to ship from the factory this way should be forced to service it twice. Their next KB would allow the display to be serviced from the top next time, for sure. There are dozens of screws & far too many cables to disassemble to get to it. Essentially, you have to remove just about every screw in the entire synth to access it. It should have taken a gentle 2ft fall onto carpet without losing the display. My next KB won't be a Korg, unless I get it awfully cheap - no matter how good it sounds while it's working.

I hope this helps someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: