Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg S midi feedback loop on Logic X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KlausContact

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Microkorg S midi feedback loop on Logic X Reply with quote

Good evening,

Just received my Microkorg S a few days ago. Having a blast with it, however there's a major issue with Logic Pro X.

The Microkorg is connected to an audio interface, and then to the computer. It is also plugged into a midi interface (Midiface 4X4), and then also to the computer.

Thing is, whenever I open a midi/audio track on Logic, I can control the Microkorg via the software sequencer for like 5 seconds, and then I always get a looping, buzzing sound, almost like a feedback. The same note going forever.

Here's what little I've figured out so far :

- It goes away whenever I select any other track in the project, then it operates as it should (but comes back as soon as I select it again)
- The midi interface "IN" dot light is constantly flashing even when there isn't any midi information being sent to the Microkorg.
- Sometimes, by sheer luck I manage to avoid the infinite note feedback, BUT it comes back instantly when I add any plugin to the midi/audio track in logic (for example the equalizer).

This is my first synth, and I have no idea what to do. Hope you guys can help
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you elaborate on your MIDI and audio connections? From which connector to which connector?

Can you disconnect the MIDI cable arriving at MIDI IN on the midi interface and see what happens then? The fact that the LED blinks can mean many things, but I guess that it is doing so because the mK is sending out a MIDI clock.

Good luck.
slug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you set Local Control to Off? Recommended when using with a DAW.

MIDI>LOCAL>OFF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: