Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing patches on Nord Electro from Combis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Svensson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Changing patches on Nord Electro from Combis Reply with quote

Hi all!
I've searched and read what I can find, but don't seem to find an answer to my problem. Gig in a couple of days, no biggie if I can't get it sorted by then, but would be nice. Don't have much more time to spend on this (need to practice) - so I'm asking here instead.

I want to switch patches on a Nord Electro 5D 61 from the Setlist on the Kronos. I read that the easiest way to do this was to use all combis, and to set one unused Combi Timbre to "EXT2" and set MSB and LSB to the correct values (in this case 000 and 006, the sound I want is in bank 7 on the NE). It then took a while for me to figure out that the actual Program Change depends on which slot the Combi has in the Setlist (weird system).

The problem is; I can't get the NE to change to the correct patch in bank 7 no matter where I put the Combi in the Setlist! It always changes to sound 7:1, I'm after sound 7:3...

Thankful for any help!

Have a great day!

/John

Uses: Kronos 88, Macbook Pro '12, Mbox 3rd gen, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Logic Pro 9, Pro Tools 11, Komplete 9.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gig with my beloved K2 and a Nord Stage 2. I use the setlist feature for live shows. I simply include a little note to me on what Nord patch is needed as I tap on/select what’s next.... Use all the features available on your Kronos to display whatever you want to help ‘jog’ your memory.
drgruber1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Changing patches on Nord Electro from Combis (response) Reply with quote

John: Did you ever find an answer to this?
I just got an older Yamaha Motif ES6 and I want to do the same thing. I want to change "Patches" on the Motif via the Kronos setlist (without actually PLAYING the Motif from the Kronos).

I haven't yet been able to figure it out. The ONLY way my Motif will change patches is when I load in the orig. factory Preload Setlist, and even then, it will only set the motif to GM patch 1 when selecting the first Setlist song, then number 2 when selecting the second Setlist song, etc. I have no idea how Korg got those commands in there, nor how to find them, let alone edit them. All my custom Setlists don't even change the patches AT ALL on the motif.

Blessings,
Dave Gruber
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set List Slot doesn't matter. It should work for any slot. It is the Combi that is doing the work. You didn't mention your MIDI channel assignments. I use this for my Hammond XK1.
I set Kronos timbre 16 to EXT2
I set timbre 16's MIDI channel to 16
Set the appropriate MSB/LSB
Set the Program Change to what I need. Some PCs are 0-127 & some are 1-128. Adjust accordingly. Check your Nord documentation.
I set my XK 1 to receive on MIDI channel 16.
You may need to set up some MIDI filtering on Timbre 16. I need to filter the Kronos ribbon, otherwise it triggers a reverb "crash" on the Hammond.
I also set the Key range of timbre 16 to C-1 for both the high and low notes, otherwise the Kronos can steal notes from the Hammond.
Anyway I think you're problem probably lies in your MIDI channel assignments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: