Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Do You Think Guitar Center Never Received KRONOS SE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevbo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Why Do You Think Guitar Center Never Received KRONOS SE? Reply with quote

When the Kronos SE was released, Guitar Center had only the 61-key listed on their website for a couple days and was taken off (not available). I called my local guitar center and spoke with management and they said they can possibly get one in as a special order, but they weren't sure what the price would be, and I would have to commit (obviously). I would love to play with one before purchasing.

However, the only reason I am interested in Guitar Center is because they offer military/veterans a 10% discount. And that 10% would be going toward some new monitors, which I can ALSO get a 10% discount on through GC.

Anyone have any thoughts why such a reputable place as Guitar Center wouldn't carry the Kronos SE? Was there only a limited number of them released, or will they continue to produce them for some time like the other Kronos models?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Do You Think Guitar Center Never Received KRONOS SE? Reply with quote

Kevbo wrote:
When the Kronos SE was released, Guitar Center had only the 61-key listed on their website for a couple days and was taken off (not available). I called my local guitar center and spoke with management and they said they can possibly get one in as a special order, but they weren't sure what the price would be, and I would have to commit (obviously). I would love to play with one before purchasing.

However, the only reason I am interested in Guitar Center is because they offer military/veterans a 10% discount. And that 10% would be going toward some new monitors, which I can ALSO get a 10% discount on through GC.

Anyone have any thoughts why such a reputable place as Guitar Center wouldn't carry the Kronos SE? Was there only a limited number of them released, or will they continue to produce them for some time like the other Kronos models?

Gc carried very few K's starting 8 yrs ago.

Its simple, why they are not of the floor. They can't make enough money.

And kids and other trash the +$3000 keyboard.

Their rep is fine. I like GC. I have ordered from their site and telesales.

I think highly of GC.

If you are really serious, they will contact their Disti, Korg USA, and get it for you.

Don't worry about it.
DJCobbSalad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally tried to get an SE through Vintage King, but after talking to Korg they told me that since the SE was a limited run, the dealers that wanted to sell them essentially had to order/reserve them after they were announced, so Vintage King couldn’t even special order one for me despite them being available at other retailers. My guess is GC is in the same boat, and it also looks like the SE production run is over so if you want one whatever is left on the market now is probably the last of them.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.zzounds.com/item--KORKRONOS8SE?siid=253073&gclid=Cj0KCQjw753rBRCVARIsANe3o45KyAFUBkJu67T_vhDgSHJzlL7Q3F7d_8RksppJCfs-B04mawWEBRAaAgwyEALw_wcB

I like the SE.

However, I am a skeptic of business tactics where 'scarcity ' is used as a sales gimmick. Since this is the way Korg has planned it, there might be next to no discounting for the SE.

If this is he case, my frugal sense says " No ".
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like GC and it’s where i got my Kronos .
I like being able to see, hear, touch and feel things before i buy.
But there was no Kronos on the floor when i bought mine.

I noticed GC is not into any Korg keyboards anymore.
I see Roland all the time, even the high priced 88 key Yamaha Montage on the floor of the last GC i visited in Arizona. Back in May of this year.

Yamaha is a bigger company and it seems Korg has been trying to catch up with Roland by offering a wider variety of products.
Definitely obvious there is a difference in the supplier relationship between korg and guitar center.
Roland and Yamaha, and even Casio, have more of a showroom floor presence at GC.

I did see a used Kronos 61 or 73 at GC in May, but that was a trade or buy from a customer who came looking to get rid of it, after using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: