Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic song stop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frnciscoram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Automatic song stop Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to implement an automatic song stop / pause in sequencer but not been able to do it yet.

I have my foot switch assigned to "Song Start / Stop" in globals.

In one of the tracks I created a CC#82 in a specific measure hoping kronos would make song auto stop. Doesn’t work.

Quote:
CC#82 Foot switch 0…63(Off), 64…127(On) AMS/Dmod source Foot Switch; may be assigned to the Assignable Foot Switch

Is it really not possible? Any other ideas to do it?

Thanks in advance
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic song stop Reply with quote

frnciscoram wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to implement an automatic song stop / pause in sequencer but not been able to do it yet.

In one of the tracks I created a CC#82 in a specific measure hoping kronos would make song auto stop. Doesn’t work.

Quote:
CC#82 Foot switch 0…63(Off), 64…127(On) AMS/Dmod source Foot Switch; may be assigned to the Assignable Foot Switch

Thanks in advance

SEQ has 'set song length.' Such as stop at the last measure,
frnciscoram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GregC, thks but I want SEQ to auto stop in a measure in the middle of the song. A kind of automatic song pause.

Set song length deletes everything after last measure
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

//

Last edited by GregC on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic song stop Reply with quote

frnciscoram wrote:
Hello,

Quote:

Thanks in advance

I don't think it's possible to do this in the sequencer itself. There are a few reasons for that.

Sequencer Start/Stop/Continue are MIDI System Messages; they not CCs or Exclusive messages. If the Kronos's MIDI clock is set to Internal, it will ignore any received Song Start, Stop or Continue message. If the clock is set to External, so that the Kronos is being controlled by software or another keyboard that sends out MIDI Time Code, then the Kronos's sequencer will respond to those received messages.

Furthermore, if you set the foot switch to Song Start/Stop, CC#82 no longer applies to the foot switch. CC#82 will only work when it is specifically set to Foot Switch in Global and no other setting.

I can think of a few workarounds, but they won't be what you want. The first is simple. Use the foot switch itself, or use the Start/Stop button to pause the sequencer. It's not clear why this needs to be automatic. No free foot or hand, maybe?

Another option is to copy the song, so that you have two versions of it in the sequencer. The first song ends where you want it to pause. The second song begins where you want it to continue. How you switch from the first to the second song is a matter of choice. You could use the Set List, or manually switch in sequencer mode. Sorry, there really isn't a way to automate Start/Stop within the Kronos's sequencer as far as I can tell.
frnciscoram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to stop SEQ in one part of a song where both hands are very busy. That part without SEQ is being played live with other instruments and we loose control of tempo without a drum track playing. Nowadays I stop the SEQ with the pedal and then start again the same way. My problem is that sometimes I miss the measure 4th beat to stop and don't have free hand to relocate. When this happens, not being serious, the audience notices the fault.

The idea of splitting the song into 2 versions is great and I can switch easily using setlist. I will do this.

Thanks for the help.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frnciscoram wrote:
I have to stop SEQ in one part of a song where both hands are very busy. That part without SEQ is being played live with other instruments and we loose control of tempo without a drum track playing. Nowadays I stop the SEQ with the pedal and then start again the same way. My problem is that sometimes I miss the measure 4th beat to stop and don't have free hand to relocate. When this happens, not being serious, the audience notices the fault.

The idea of splitting the song into 2 versions is great and I can switch easily using setlist. I will do this.

Thanks for the help.

now that you have explained, I understand the challenge.

To lose tempo ? Tempo is king. I would work to solve that
Stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequencer of the kronos does not record any MIDI real time messages, but RPPR should help here:

Make a pattern out of the first part of the song, set MODE to ONCE and assign it to a key.
Then make a pattern out of the rest of the song, set MODE to ONCE and assign it to a second key.
In the SEQ main screen mark field RPPR.

Pressing the first key the kronos will play the first pattern to the end of it and the stop. With the second key you will start the second part of the song.

Hope this helps.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
frnciscoram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoffel wrote:
The sequencer of the kronos does not record any MIDI real time messages, but RPPR should help here:

Make a pattern out of the first part of the song, set MODE to ONCE and assign it to a key.
Then make a pattern out of the rest of the song, set MODE to ONCE and assign it to a second key.
In the SEQ main screen mark field RPPR.

Pressing the first key the kronos will play the first pattern to the end of it and the stop. With the second key you will start the second part of the song.

Hope this helps.

Last night I split the song into two versions and it worked. Much better timing control.

I never used real time patterns. I'll give it a try because it seems to be even better than to split. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: