Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 64-bit software for Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaneda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware Catalina! Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

I do not think that there is anything that prevents someone from buying a new Mac Pro and then installing Mojave on it, if they have 32-bit apps they still want to run. But VMWare Fusion can be the way to go then...

You can't downgrade a Mac...
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware Catalina! Reply with quote

Kaneda wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

I do not think that there is anything that prevents someone from buying a new Mac Pro and then installing Mojave on it, if they have 32-bit apps they still want to run. But VMWare Fusion can be the way to go then...

You can't downgrade a Mac...

Absolutely yes you can. I've done it before (bought a new one and installed a slightly older OS.) I'm not guaranteeing that's the case with the next Mac Pro, depends whether or not there are any special or new components that would force it to require Catalina or not...

Kaneda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit lame from Korg when you think of it.
Here's what I got back from customer service, asking whether Korg's software will be updated to 64 bit :

Quote:
Hello,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

We are investigating Catalina compatibility.
After finishing the investigation, we'll announce it on our website.
So could you wait for a while?

Best regards,
KORG app team

In comparison, Kawai's VPC editor for Mac OS has been out since 2014 and it was 64-bit from the start...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaneda wrote:
Bit lame from Korg when you think of it.

In comparison, Kawai's VPC editor for Mac OS has been out since 2014 and it was 64-bit from the start...

I guess it depends on how you think of it. First of all, the Kronos Editor app was never that great to begin with. It’s always felt cobbled together to me. From my perspective, it was a cheap add-on thrown in as an afterthought. My expectations are so low, it’s hard to be disappointed.

I’ve been using workstations with computer sequencing/DAW software since my 01/W pro with MOTU Performer in the early 1990s. I’ve always set up a COMBI in the keyboard to work with MIDI tracks in the DAW. DAW integration is nice, but I’d rather Korg invest their R&D resources to instrument development over software.

Given that the roots of the Kronos app predates the Kawai app by several years and that the Kawai app began life as 64 bit, that's not really a fair comparison. At this point, given where the Kronos is in its product life, I don’t see Korg investing in a 64bit rewrite. It's not going to generate appreciable sales of new instruments. From a business perspective, Korg is better off investing it’s resources elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: