Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dedicated User Style SET ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Dedicated User Style SET ? Reply with quote

The EK50 is capable of loading 6 sets of 16 user styles (STY01 - 06), so a total of 96 styles.

The instrument has no way of managing other permutations of file contents, so the loaded files must contain a maximum of 16 styles or less, (better containing the 16 to maximise the available style slots )

It is very difficult, if not impossible to find dedicated, quality sets of 16 anywhere. The instrument is compatible with PA50/80 Microarrranger and L.pool style files. for which there are several sets downloadable, but not containing the correct number of style files required.

Other than buying an expensive style manager programme, which is a little OTT for this simple task. I am at a loss as to how to sort this one.

The 96 available user slots may as well be used to their optimum.

I had heard - PA 50/80 styles files could maybe be managed and sorted on a PA300 or 600 and then copied to usb to then load on the EK ??

Would be great if anyone can offer any help / advice.

I would willingly buy decent sets - well if they were even available!
It surprises me that one of the on-line Style studios have not made anything easily available specific to the EK50... i imagine it would be quite popular if they did.

regards - Keith
Mitzie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated User Style SET ? Reply with quote

[quote="Backpool"]

Other than buying an expensive style manager programme, which is a little OTT for this simple task.

What we could do with is a LE Limited Edition of the Korg Pa Style Manager for the Korg non Pa arrangers like the EK-50

Furthermore what did the Korg designers of the EK-50 have in mind to import 'User Sounds' which comes up in the display? Or maybe this is in readiness for a future firmware update when User Sounds can be imported?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: