Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NARF Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davie159

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: NARF Sounds Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I've just taken delivery of a Kronos LS which has gig programmes contained within the factory sounds. I am considering buying one of the session packs from NARF and I was wondering if there is a great deal of difference from what they have to the pre installed sounds.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi davie159,

look at "Narf-sound-city", uups, excuse me,... "Facebook Korg Kronos shared patches group".

There are many users of this sounds who love them.

For myself I love to create my own sounds, because they will have my personal touch and I think sometimes it is much better not to be as close to the original as you can get.

And also you will learn a lot about your mighty machine.
Kronos 2 88, Roland AX-Synth, 2x Roland A-800 Pro, Behringer Vocoder VC340, Synton Vocoder, Neo Instruments Ventilator 2, Panda MIDI Beam, Joh.P.Andresen Harmonium, Studiologic SL990, Beyerdynamic DT770/880, FL Studio, Shure WH20, AKG WMS470, Shure SE535, Xenyx Control 1, U-Phoria UMC404HD, Visaton Monitor, Gig Performer, PreSonus Studio 26c, Macbook Pro
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: NARF Sounds Reply with quote

davie159 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I've just taken delivery of a Kronos LS which has gig programmes contained within the factory sounds. I am considering buying one of the session packs from NARF and I was wondering if there is a great deal of difference from what they have to the pre installed sounds.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for considering my packs for the Kronos. The sounds I have are Combis that are based on songs that bands play live. The Combis are setup with splits, layers and scenes so that you have all the sounds ready to go spread across the keyboard when you perform a particular song. Except for Toto’s Africa where I split the sounds between 3 Combis, the rest are all self contained having no need to change the combi itself while performing the song in a band setting. They are also completely editable should you wish to further customize your performance. Probably 25% of the Combis make use of internal programs that have been edited with the use of the Tone Adjust feature in Combi Mode. The rest make use of custom programs to suit the sounds of the songs that are being covered.

There is a SONGLIST PDF in the site with links to YouTube demos if you want to listen to the sounds and see which controllers are used during a performance. There’s the Ultimate Covers Pack that includes all the sounds I’ve made for the Kronos and smaller packs grouped into their genres. There are 117 Combinations and over 300 programs included in the Ultimate pack along with other bonus stuff. There are cover sounds in the Kronos LS, however, these are programs and with the exception of a handful, I purposely selected different songs to cover. Look through the list and see if these are songs that you already perform or plan to perform in the future, if it matches what you need then it may be a justified purchase.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: