Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damper Pedal Intermittently Working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicstudent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Damper Pedal Intermittently Working Reply with quote

I have researched and can not find an answer to this...
I have a Korg Kross 88. The damper pedal was working fine but would occasionally cut out, maybe for just one note, sometimes longer.

I bought a new pedal. It's doing the same thing. I have now tried 3 pedals.

The only possible cause that I am seeing is the pedals that I have tried all have a ts jack but I see that the Korg pedals are trs jacks.

Could this really be the issue?
If not, anyone have any ideas what is?
lidserter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! TS pedals should work too. Did you tried both damper and footswitch connection?
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
musicstudent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try both when I first bought it. It only worked in the Damper port. Today I moved it to the Foot Switch port and programmed it to work as a damper.

It's working for now but I'll have to play it quite a bit more to know for sure if it's going to continue going out. It's so sporadic, it's hard to know if that resolved the issue or not.

If the ts jack is not the issue. Maybe it's a bad port?
lidserter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, let's give it some time as you say. However I believe it's something with the half damper calibration, which is sensing a specific resistance that may be is too sensible. So little changes in temperature or some dirt that made into the pedal should be hassling it.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: