Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Layered Presetd won't allow realtime automation!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Automation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Layered Presetd won't allow realtime automation! Reply with quote

Hey all!

I have a layered preset for which I only wanted the sub sound, not the main so I went into the Timbre menu and turned off the main sound's volume. That worked fine. But when I adjust any knobs on the Prologue to write automation the automation will be written but the prologue does not play it back for the sub sound...it does play back for the main sound if I engage the main sound again...the only automation that plays back for the sub sound is Modwheel automation.

I have read the manual and spent hours on this but no solution.

I have a Prologue 8. I mention that because I know the two units adjust these settings differently.

Any help would be great!!

Last edited by Automation on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Globals, hit button 5 page 3. "Midi Sub CC Ch"

The Sub layer's CC's are set to a different midi channel. See what channel it is set to and then send your automation on that channel.

Good Luck!
Automation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I was not really able to solve the issue in the Prologue Global Menu (Midi CC channel). In Cubase I changed the Midi track's Midi Channel to ''Any'' and now when I make realtime to adjustments to knobs on the Prologue, Midi data is written and plays back.

However, the modwheel Midi CC data I originally wrote for the track (the mod wheel was the only automation that wrote and played back in the layered patch from the get-go) is greyed out/unresponsive in Cubase and only plays back on channel 1.

I do not know if you are familiar with Cubase but you can either work with Midi Automation in the the Midi Edit window (which sucks), or extract the Midi info from the edit window and it shows up in the main Arranger window beneath the Midi track and is much, much easier to edit. I can get the Prologue to respond and write Midi Automation on the layered patch if I change the Midi CH. on the Midi track in Cubase to ''Any'' instead of 1...However, it won't let me extract the Midi info to the arranger window...

By default the Midi CC Ch. in the Prologue Global Edit Menu 5/3 is set to 2. I can change that and change the Midi Ch. in Cubase to correspond but it does not playback at all, as in no communication.

I do not know if this is more a Cubase thing or Prologue thing...I do not really get why a layered patch is treated so differently?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Nuendo.

I just told you the way I do it and it works perfectly for me. Your mileage may vary.

Prologue weirdness notes:
All midi notes are transmitted and received on the global midi channel.
Main layer CCs are transmitted and received on the global channel.
Sub layer CCs are transmitted and received on the midi channel you set in globals, button 5 page 3.
The MW and PB do not follow the rules above. They are transmitting and receiving on the global midi channel.

More info on my setup:
I set up separate midi tracks for the sub layer ccs. My project template has 6 midi tracks for the Prologue alone. 3 for the main layer (midi channel 15), 3 for the sub layer. (midi channel 16) I have the quick controls (48 of them spread across the 6 midi tracks) controlling the parameters I want to control for both layers. Fold the whole thing up in a folder track and it's neat and tidy.
Automation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RobustAmerican

Thanks again for your reply. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I have the Sub set to Midi CH 2, the Global set to CH 1, and Midi CH 1 selected on my Cubase Midi track.

With this configuration I can play back Midi notes and read Modulation CC, however, if I write any other Midi CC Data by turning any other knobs on the Prologue it does not playback! The Midi CC data gets written but is unresponsive when playing back...all except the darn Modwheel which controls the Filter...that works...it is really weird!

Any other ideas as to what I might be doing wrong!?

Thanks again...
Automation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP...Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Seriously though, anyone experienced this? Still cannot get it to work...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: