Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing drum fills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLABLABLA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Removing drum fills Reply with quote

Is it possible to remove drums fills from a drum pattern, and if so how?
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about the preset drum track patterns, yes you can remove fills (data) from them and save them as a user pattern by using the sequencer.

Simple steps:

Go to SEQ mode
Change track 1 to your preferred drum kit
Next, press the Page Select button
Choose P10 Pattern/RPPR on the screen

You should be on the Pattern Edit screen, but if not, then choose the left-most tab Pattern Edit.

Now, near the top left where it says Pattern, touch the arrow to the right of that and choose Preset from the two choices (the other is User).
Next, choose the preset pattern you want to edit
Once you have it, press the SEQ Start/Stop to confirm you do have the right pattern chosen. If so, press the Start/Stop button again to stop playback.

Up at the top right of the screen, touch the down arrow to bring up the command menu.
Choose Copy Pattern. This will put it into a sequencer-only user pattern for now so you can edit it. Touch the OK button to copy it to a user pattern, e.g. U00

Now you can edit the pattern using Event Edit, or you can real-time edit the pattern as it loops using the Remove Data checkbox and pressing the keys which correspond to the notes of the drum fills you want to remove. Event Edit might be easier... Another way is to use the Pattern Parameter command and change the number of measures in the pattern to something like 4 measures. It's up to you how to edit the pattern.

After you have edited the pattern, you need to save it as a User Drum Track Pattern.
Touch the down arrow at the top right of the screen and choose Convert to Drum Track Pattern and save it to an available slot. And you're done. Now that pattern is available for your combis or programs, as long as you choose User Patterns on the drum track page.

If you need more info, check out the Parameter Guide on pg 274 for pattern editing, etc.
BLABLABLA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!
Can you please tell me how do I send the drum track from different outs?
To be more specific, I am in combi mode and I want to send all the tracks (except track 10) out through the normal left and right outputs and to have the drums which are on track 10 be sent out separately through different outputs.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you please tell me how do I send the drum track from different outs?

I can. The answer depends on a few things. Are you going to use some of the M3's effects on the drums, or do you want to send them "dry" to an external effect unit, or do you want to separate the kick, snare and other sounds of the drums to multiple individual outputs so that each can be processed individually?

If you just want to send out the drums without using the M3's IFX, then go to Combi P8-1 IFX / Route 1 tab (either 1-8 or 9-16, depending on what timbre your kit is on) and in the Bus Select (IFX/Individ.Out Assign) field, touch the arrow and choose your preferred output. Your options are outputs 1, 2, 3, 4 or stereo pairs 1/2, 3/4.

If you're going to run through the M3's IFX first, then on the same page tab as above, assign your drum kit to one of the IFX routings first. Let's say IFX5 for example. Next, go to the IFX Setup Page tab. In the "Bus" field for IFX5 (it's usually set to L/R), touch the arrow and choose your preferred output, just like above.

It gets a little more complicated if you want to separate the drums. (Ignore this if you don't need to isolate the individual drum kit sounds.) That requires using the DKit setting on the Route 1 tab. By default most drum programs have their drums set as follows:

Snares → IFX1
Kicks → IFX2
Other → IFX3

You can change the default settings in your combi though, if you need to separate the drums and output them through different individual outs. To do this, you set your drum program to Dkit on the IFX Route 1 tab. While that field is selected (it has to be selected for this to work), you touch the command menu arrow at the top right and select "DrumKit IFX Patch" from the drop down menu. This brings up a small window, where you can reassign the default IFX routings to any IFX or output you choose. Use the above default routings for the snare, kick and other as a guide.

If you need to see screens for reference or need more info, start at page 180 in the Parameter Guide. There might be some vids on YouTube showing how to do this as well... maybe... I haven't checked.

Also, I note you are cross posting this on the KARMA forums. That's fine, but it's good practice to say you've done that and give a link so others don't waste their time replying to something that's already been replied to. Just common courtesy...
BLABLABLA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, it's exactly what I needed.

and here's the link the to the karma thread:

https://forums.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116223#post116223
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: