Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serious problem with PA 1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen no-ref samples in sets that have never been accessed by the pa manager. It was very common with the 3x, 600, and 900 sets. It happens if you try to load a sound in a machine that doesnt have enough RAM left to fully load the sound. The result would be a partially loaded sample.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: No-ref samples Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
I have seen no-ref samples in sets that have never been accessed by the pa manager. It was very common with the 3x, 600, and 900 sets. It happens if you try to load a sound in a machine that doesnt have enough RAM left to fully load the sound. The result would be a partially loaded sample.

Write, Save or Copy operations with Pa-Keyboards that fails because of lack of space or copy protection have issued a warning message to take precautions to ensure that incompletely partially loaded samples reliable are not transferred to generate a Set folder with them ("DeleteSample", "Delete Multisample"). Otherwise, without responding to warning messages should be aware what causes corrupt samples!

If sets with incorrect data are used from unreliable third parties its incompletely partially loaded samples should not end up in the location of the internal sample memory of a Pa-Keyboard. That is why it was pointed out repeatedly it should not be done to load such SET folders directly - the only describtion to directly load SET folders (from Win-PC) is found on Pa-Manager HP (also here one should be aware what doing).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few information about Pa samples management.

Samples interface may contain the following kind of samples :
1) Imported via loading a multisample with mapped samples
2) Standalone single samples , mono or 2 stereo pairs as a resultant of user sampling for use in DK as drum samples or for sequencer or any other use
of skilled users like the creation of a new multisample with new samples mapping.
3) Time sliced samples that are created via time-sliced function where a mono or stereo waveform is spliced in rhythmic parts and will be time stretched
according to style tempo and will be automatically saved as MS (mono or L/R) and as a specific Sound position that user will define.
This category requires advanced knowledge for management else a vast number of samples positions will be wasted and end-users frequently run out of
samples positions of PaSeries.
4) Gray / corrupted samples that will occupy samples positions without any users access and can be deleted only when the specific multisampe that had
loaded is deleted and "Delete also assigned samples" box is checked !
Those gray samples could be created only under a certain condition in older Pa : When you had loaded a MS with samples and you've got the
message "not enough Memory for loading samples".

No external software or corrupted loaded samples can create those gray files and it's exclusively a lacking of KorgPa programming , since while loading a MS
contained sample's size were not verified by system if could fit in remaining Ram and those remnants are existing by 90% in older Pa SETs that are migrating
from Pa to Pa.

"Non Ref" samples term do not exist in Pa samples interface , and system do not know how you could use a loaded sample so it can not be defined it as an
orphan sample ...
Users can delete in batch mode , only samples that are not assigned in a specific way like not assigned in Multisamples that are used in SOUNDs or DKs
where MS are not required and standalone samples are used.
Else users must manually delete the verified not used samples.

The well known message in a single Sound loading message "not all samples are loaded" can be caused by many reasons like :
1) The specific SOUND has an OSC assigned to a multisample that do not exist any more because it has been deleted.
2) a SOUND OSC is assigned to a MS where one or more samples are deleted or they are "Gray" caused by the above mentioned loading.
3) DK or SOUND is assigned to a time-sliced MS where also in samples the above issues are existing.

If a custom SET has been created by you , then you might can guess what went wrong in your resources , but if its made by others and specifically amateurs
then you do not have a clue of what is wrong there , so beware of what are you loading into your Pa ...

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Serious problem with PA 1000 Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
BR...Keep us all informed, you are helping all of us.

After exchanging few emails with Product Support KORG USA and explaining my problem with Pa1000
finally I asked them to send me the two factory reset files to do a clean Factory reset of my Korg Pa1000.

They sent me the PKG version files and after extracting the zip file I put them in a flash drive.
I put the flash drive in Pa1000 and reboot it while holding Intro 1 button.

I selected my flash drive and selected the folder containing the files but I got a message that says I need to select a UPD file.
So I couldn't use these "pa1000_std_v101_factory_reset.pkg" files since the Pa1000 can read only UPD version files.
Pa1000-Reset-files

I then contacted again Korg Support, explained the problem and asked them to send me the UPD version files.

I am still waiting for their reply.
I will get you inform.

Below you can read the Korg Support USA's reply to my request:

Hi,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your request.

I was able to locate the two factory reset files are called:

pa1000_std_v101_factory_reset.pkg.001

pa1000_std_v101_factory_reset.pkg.002

Please see the link below to download these files.

http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/pa1000_std_v120_factory_reset.zip

You will accept all responsibility for any damage or malfunction caused by loading these files into your Pa1000.

Korg USA will accepts absolutely no responsibility to issues caused to your Pa1000 by installing these files.

Best regards,

Product Support

KORG USA Inc.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious problem with PA 1000 Reply with quote

BR wrote:
.. contacted again Korg Support, explained the problem and asked them to send me the UPD version files...

Hope you get it soon for solving your issues.

Same thematic in parallel thread ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=121076&start=22

As damaged eMMC data only can be recovered by loading the extensive system reset packages, then such complete packages also are required for subsequent models (Pa1000 / 700). Especially if the data of the eMMC simply can be damaged by faulty package installations. So for the Pa1000 not only a complete package of type PKG but also of type UPD should be available !

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious problem with PA 1000 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Hope you get it soon for solving your issues.

Same thematic in parallel thread ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=121076&start=22

As damaged eMMC data only can be recovered by loading the extensive system reset packages, then such complete packages also are required for subsequent models (Pa1000 / 700). Especially if the data of the eMMC simply can be damaged by faulty package installations. So for the Pa1000 not only a complete package of type PKG but also of type UPD should be available !
Thank you and I hope so.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Serious problem with PA 1000 OS 1.5 Reply with quote

Finally Korg sent me the pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.upd to do a clean Factory Reset.

I installed the file to clean up my keyboard. I did not load any custom set on it and tried only Factory styles for some days, copied 2 Factory styles in User area, everything worked fine,
Today I just turn on the keyboard and started playing and switching styles between Factory styles and the two previously copied Factory styles in User area.
Suddenly it froze and the Pa1000 became unresponsive and the a sound was keeping playing and stopped by itself. I just made a video before turning it off.
I precise there is no custom Set or Samples inside the keyboard, I have the latest version OS 1.5.

Very disappointed.

I embed some screen shots and a video:

Korg-Pa1000-4

Korg-PA1000-3
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

BR
1- Are you in or out of warranty
2- Did you try from korg os120 reset….
3- It looks like what Korg sent you was a full factory reset, samples and everything else,,( II don’t know maybe not)
4- If what korg sent you was a full factory restore samples and all and you still have trouble with that….
5- I would try,, pa1000_std_v101_factory_reset.pkg.001

6- Or … just sell it…
7- If the factory reset v101 does not work..
8- Go to the guitar store trade it in buy a PA 3x-4x,,,,,, get rid of it while you can…
9- Did Korg send you a full 1.5 resest with samples and all …
10- If they did ,,, please post it or send it to me and I will post it …
11- I wonder if what they say and you was just a upgrade,, or a complete install..
12- Let us know I feel bad for you BR
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
BR
1- Are you in or out of warranty
2- Did you try from korg os120 reset….
3- It looks like what Korg sent you was a full factory reset, samples and everything else,,( II don’t know maybe not)
4- If what korg sent you was a full factory restore samples and all and you still have trouble with that….
5- I would try,, pa1000_std_v101_factory_reset.pkg.001

6- Or … just sell it…
7- If the factory reset v101 does not work..
8- Go to the guitar store trade it in buy a PA 3x-4x,,,,,, get rid of it while you can…
9- Did Korg send you a full 1.5 resest with samples and all …
10- If they did ,,, please post it or send it to me and I will post it …
11- I wonder if what they say and you was just a upgrade,, or a complete install..
12- Let us know I feel bad for you BR

Thanks duby for your sympathy.
My Pa1000 read only the UPD file not PKG file.
I think I would do your suggestion no 6.

Here is the reply from Korg Support with the link to download the pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.upd file:

Hi,

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

Please find the links below.

UPD Files - http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/pa_files/PA1000/pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.upd.zip

Instructions - http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/pa_files/PA1000/Pa_SeriesFactoryResetManual.pdf

Once again, you will accept all responsibility for any damage or malfunction caused by loading these files into your Pa1000.

Korg USA will accepts absolutely no responsibility to issues caused to your Pa1000 by installing these files.

If you are still having an issue with your Pa1000, please have it inspected and repaired by a technician at a Korg Authorized Service Center. Please visit https://www.korgusa.com/KorgDealers?tab=service to find a listing of service centers closest to you. First enter the Pa1000, your Zip Code and then click on search.

Best regards,

Product Support

KORG USA Inc.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

BR
Today 2/27/2020
my PA 1000 was working just fine no trouble and all including sample. Did a factory reset from what you posted,,os1.20 reset

Went to all the steps one perfect, it is a format and reinstall,, and work perfect…..
Then did a install of OS 1.5,,,, all is perfect…
Reinstalled my backup …
In all my samples song list sounds everything is working perfectly as of now and I would think would say ,that way..
I will let you know if I have any trouble or any changes in the future…
You must for some reason have a halfbreed keyboard or,, a wrong ROM,,, OS boot in your keyboard… Right in the middle of the keyboard change ,,,, somehow..
For me I will send it back if you’re under warranty if not solid now get rid of it…
As always please let us know what goes on what happens,,,
but the OS 1.20 from: was a full format format …and reinstall so now we know that much is good thank you korg for giving us a full format and reinstall

of os 1.2
we all feel for you,, but thanks you we have learned more…
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

@duby,
Happy that it works fine for you without any freezing.
Actually mine has frozen when I was using the Search option for style "Disco Cha Cha Cha" and after selecting it I started switching/selecting and playing several times between two same styles, the" Disco Cha..." from Factory style and the same "Disco Cha..." copied previously in the User area and then it froze.

duby2 wrote:
BR
Today 2/27/2020
my PA 1000 was working just fine no trouble and all including sample. Did a factory reset from what you posted,,os1.20 reset

What I received from Korg Support is not OS 1.2 but it's pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.upd

Actually I was thinking to downgrade to version 1.2, seems it works better than 1.3.1 but could not find it in UPD file format.
My Pa1000 did not read the os 1.2 in PKG when I tried once in the past.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: OS - Factory Reset for Pa1000 Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Actually I was thinking to downgrade to version 1.2, seems it works better than 1.3.1 but could not find it in UPD file format.
My Pa1000 did not read the os 1.2 in PKG when I tried once in the past.

I am sorry that you have had great problems with the Pa1000 for so long.

It is incomprehensible why errors can still occur after a factory reset with a complete package. Unfortunately I have no advice on what to do about it.
Maybe there exists a Pa1000_std_v120_factory-reset.upd-Package and Korg will send you on demand.

With the Pa4x I noticed that it is also necessary to clean the memory from samples before updating the OS (delete command in Sample dialog "All Samples, Mulitsamples, Drumsamples").

This is as difficult to understand as your posting where you tried to format internal disk of Pa1000 but noticed some existing files on it after formating.
So as a precaution before a factory reset with a full package everything I would delete and format what can be deleted manually on the pa1000 (although I doubt whether it makes sense).
Sorry about I can not give you any useful help.

duby2 wrote:
..but the OS 1.20 from: was a full format format ……

Pa1000_Operating_System_v120.pkg is a Minimal-Package whereas pa1000_std_v120_factory-reset.pkg.001 (002) and pa1000_std_v150_factory-reset.upd.001 (002) are Complete-Packages.

Complete-Packages are used in case only due when the instrument appears ‘frozen’, due to memory corruption or loading of incompatible data.
Factory reset with installing complete packages install Operating System and the original Factory data in the instrument’s internal memory.

Minimal-Packages are used to update the instrument’s Operating System (new features, improvements, bug fixes, new sounds and/or styles) and is including all previous updates. If OS-update also includes Musical Resources (Sounds, Styles…) this type of data only acually is updated until executing also a Factory Restore (from Media Page) after instrument is turned off and on after System update is completed.

Last edited by siebenhirter on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
angelitto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry BR that you still have this issues. But keep in mind, before pa1000 freezes, you will hear an abnormal sound continuous playing. In that moment if you press Shift+Stop, pa1000 will turn off that sound and everything will be ok and it will not freeze. Thats all you can do for now Sad

Unfortunately there is no factory restore resource v.1.2.0 in UPD format, because UPD format only appeared from v.1.3.1 and up.

But thanks BR for your links with pa1000 factory reset materials. We have 3 links for now, plus one manual with instructions:

Pa1000 v1.2.0 Factory Reset - PKG

Pa1000 v1.5.0 Factory Reset - PKG

Pa1000 v1.5.0 Factory Reset - UPD

How to install Reset Files
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto wrote:
I'm sorry BR that you still have this issues. But keep in mind, before pa1000 freezes, you will hear an abnormal sound continuous playing. In that moment if you press Shift+Stop, pa1000 will turn off that sound and everything will be ok and it will not freeze. Thats all you can do for now Sad

Unfortunately there is no factory restore resource v.1.2.0 in UPD format, because UPD format only appeared from v.1.3.1 and up.

But thanks BR for your links with pa1000 factory reset materials. We have 3 links for now, plus one manual with instructions:

Pa1000 v1.2.0 Factory Reset - PKG

Pa1000 v1.5.0 Factory Reset - PKG

Pa1000 v1.5.0 Factory Reset - UPD

How to install Reset Files

Thank you for your sympathy and you're welcome.
spaceair

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I read your forum as I decide to buy PA1000.
What exactly causes these problems on the keyboard?
Considering how to avoid this problem?
Thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: