Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serious problem with PA 1000
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Serious problem with PA 1000 Reply with quote

This is about Pa1000, os v 1.3.1

I have some saved styles with their setup and they sound and play correctly.
They are of course saved with their setup but after rebooting the keyboard, some setup (for example; Tempo, Master Effects and Style Tracks Volume)
of some saved styles change and they do not sound correctly.

I noticed this is happening every time with different style.
I fixed and saved them many times and done Factory Restore and reloaded my set again but as soon as I reboot the keyboard it happens again with same or other styles randomly, it is really weird!

Any body encountered this kind of issue with their Pa1000?
Thanks

Last edited by BR on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any body experienced this kind of problem with Pa1000?
Dnj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after editing did you rename & save style in USER?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dnj wrote:
after editing did you rename & save style in USER?
Thanks Dnj for your reply.
No i didn't rename it after editing.
I'll try your suggestion and get back report here.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: backup Reply with quote

BR

you can try and reload the os131 and see if that works ..

remember do a backup of All ..
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: backup Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
BR

you can try and reload the os131 and see if that works ..

remember do a backup of All ..

Thanks duby,
I'll do it this week-end and will see if that can fix the problem.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are editing USER styles and then "Writing" the changes to each style you edit??

A reboot should not change your editing at all. Also, if you save a SET which includes your changed styles then you should be able to, at worst, re-load the SET and get them back - if that also doesn't work, your problem sounds much more serious.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I assume you are editing USER styles and then "Writing" the changes to each style you edit??

A reboot should not change your editing at all. Also, if you save a SET which includes your changed styles then you should be able to, at worst, re-load the SET and get them back - if that also doesn't work, your problem sounds much more serious.

Very Happy

Absolutely agree.
But this is not happening in my case, that's what I opened this topic.
It is not about learning curve since this is my sixth Korg Pa series I owned, so I know very well at least the basic operation that I use daily for the years.
By the way I addressed a favor from you to open a sticky topic about the report issues regarding Pa1000/Pa700 in the below post if this is possible, at the end of the page:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119133

Thanks

Last edited by BR on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with pa700 running os 1.4 on factory or user styles it doesn't matter, each time i change keyboard sets or tempo and hit saving it just won't play right so i have to restore.... it sounds like a midi file. It doesn't happen all the time but randomly.

KORG YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO RESOLVE THIS ASAP!!!

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119033&highlight=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK9sUWsyLnY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Wavemaker on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Wavemaker,
Sorry to hear that.

In my case, I didn't tested it with Factory styles, I am experiencing this issue with my styles in User area.
I've already pm my problem to Paolo, so far no answer.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the same problem.

I did Factory restore.
I downloaded and installed the latest update Pa1000 Operating System v.1.3.1 for the second time and reloaded my set.
I renamed the styles that were changing their setup.

I played some hours , everything was ok.
Next day I turn on the Pa1000 and start playing. I noticed the same already renamed styles, changed again their saved setup
(like Like Tempo, master Effects, Style Volume Track louder).
I gigged today with my Pa1000 and some style got louder, changed their saved setup.

It's very frustrating and I need to understand what is the reason.
Very hard to work with this unstable condition.

I don't want to accuse the Korg since I use my set in User area with samples, but I cannot see if the problem comes from my set since
I do not know how to diagnose my set if there is technically any problems or reasons that affect
Tempo, changing the Master Effects and Style Volume Tracks.

PS: I just did some wording correction in my post.

Last edited by BR on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - sets with userSamples cause errors Reply with quote

BR wrote:
... I did Factory restore. I downloaded and installed the latest update Pa1000 Operating System v.1.3.1 for the second time and reloaded my set .... I turn on the Pa1000 and start playing. I noticed the same styles with New name, again changed their saved setup (like Like Tempo, master Effects, Style Volume Track louder) ..

It looks like OS is reading its commands from a damaged memory, use damaged pointers etc.

If reason is storage of musical resources with user samples that produced faulty sets that was loaded into memory, then it is to be considered:

Managing files in the internal memory generally requires to consider the following restrictions:
* a) loading a SET folder may delete all the data contained in the internal memory (or merge loaded data with the data already in memory)
* b) loading a sets type of data may delete all the data of the same type contained in the internal memory (or merge loaded data with the data already in memory)
* c) loading a sets bank of data will delete all data in memory contained in the target bank
* d) loading a single sound/dk item is without deleting the ones already contained in memory

Loading data based on user samples from sets made with an OS before version 1.3.1 may contain damaged sample data and therefore loading a) - c) will cause incorrect data.

As mentioned from Anthony "loading a sound (pcg-file, pcg-bank, pcg-folder) into Pa-system will load all samples and multisamples that are used for every single user-sound / user-dk you load without doublicating common resources!"
For each sound / dk system automatically will update RAM.KMP (in folder Multismp) and write single PCMs to next free location in memory (RAMxx.PCM).

When you open a SET with custom PCM and you load the whole file "SOUND" or any Bank (Userxxxx.pcg) or any individual item of 1-128 sounds/dk per bank, the result will be always the same - system will load all samples and multisamples that are used for each single sound you load without doublicating common resources!

For each pcg-item (one of 128 sounds of a pcg-bank) system automatically updates RAM.KMP (folder Multismp) and write all single PCMs of one sound to next free location into memory.
Conclusion after
* 1) you made an OS-1.3.1-Update
* 2) followed from a Factory Restore -
- there should be no data in user area! That is easy to control.
There should be no single sound or dk in user sound folder, user pcm folder! That also is easy.
In Sampling > Info page there should be zeroes in memory of Number of samples, drumsamples and multisamples!
As soon as you have no (clean) sets made with OS-1.3.1, usage of sets first requires
* 3) loading all single user sounds/dk separately with choosing respectively the same location in memory as of set.

After this procedure each sound/dk has its uniqe number in sound-folder of memory, all user-multisamples are linked with its sounds/dk (pcg) and with all of its PCM-samples (pcm).

User sounds in musical resources are linked to that unique number (except, besides, mistakes were made like deletion of sounds (in soundfolder) without correction in musical resources (style, kbdSet..) before set was written!)

Now it is possible to
* 4) load ALL data of SELECTED TYPES User-Style, User-Pad, User-KbdSetLibrary, UserVoicePreset, User-GuitarPreset and maybe Songbook.

But DO NOT LOAD USER-SOUND&DK or USER-SAMPLE - this was already managed with single loading user sounds/dks.
PS: If only some few user sounds of max 4x128 and some few user dks of max 2x128 are used in sets one will not have a lot of job with it.
If user-banks of sound are full-filled I only would try to 3) only load some few user sounds and after them to 4) load selected types of data.
Of course then error-messages occurs that some sounds are not found - but should not happen new names, changed tempo, effects, volumes caused of reading damaged memory.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, reading the comments in this thread is a bit disconcerting...

I know that it was originally posted for the PA1000 having issues with User styles and such...I did see a PA700 user having a similar issue.

I own a PA700 and just performed the OS update that brought me up to 1.4 . I checked everything after the update and all looks fine.

I will be performing at two different venues today and will keep my eyes (and ears) open to see if it affects me as well.

I checked out my custom sounds and all seemed fine. I checked my User Style banks and they all sounded like they did on OS 1.3. I also checked my custom Songbook entries (which point to MP3 files and custom sounds to play over the MP3's with) and they too sounded fine.

I also upgraded the MicroSD card I was using yesterday from 8gb to 16gb (thank goodness for the USB to Computer integration) and that too worked just fine.

One of the upgrades I read about with the 1.4 update was the increase in user samples. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I did perform a full resource backup before doing the OS update, but did not have to restore my info after the update. According to the upgrade materials in the screen before performing the update, it was not going to affect User data at all. I found this to be true in my case (I have A LOT of User data in my PA700)...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - sets with damaged userSamples Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
.. I know that it was originally posted for the PA1000 having issues with User styles and such...I did see a PA700 user having a similar issue ..

Hope it is not the same with Pa700 but with Pa1000 some samples in memory could be damaged with previous OS versions and then risk is high, that each BKP- or SET-file generated with such an version could contain damaged samples.
Korg improvements and bug fixes in OS 1.3.1 concern to sampling as informed "When overwriting an existing sample, other samples in memory could be damaged".
If one works with user samples and now suppose to have troubles because of damaged samples and now would like to clean the PCM-User-Memory should reload them with to a suitable procedure. After Backup and generating a SET with Save-All and OS-1.3.1-Update and Factory-Restore can be done.

But next is recommended to load each single sound/dk item of the set, because that procedure organzie memories creation and update of each multisample and sample linked with the single sound/dk without producing duplicates. This also is a way to discover missing samples and gray samples issues with warning window - but you will never see when loading the whole SET.

This seems to be the most important step for a clean PCM-memory, before other steps (with setting proper user-pcg-locations to styles, kbdSets, pads...).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did load part by part of my set and I found some warning "Sound loading was incomplete: some items are not found" on my Sound folder.
I loaded all the sounds of all four User Sound and two User DK, one by one into Pa1000 and I deleted those incomplete sounds.
I also deleted all "no Ref" missing samples through Korg Pa Manager.

I saved the New Set on the Disk of PA1000.
I did Factory Restore, switch off the keyboard.
I loaded the New Set.

The first thing I did, before selecting any style in Users area, was to select any style from Factory category and start playing.
As soon as I hit one of the Keyboard set buttons (one of four buttons for Keyboard set under screen/display) to change the sound,
the Pa1000 freezes and not responding to any thing, so I had to reboot the keyboard.

So I am wondering why my Pa1000 freezes with the Factory styles.

Here are the steps to replicate the freezing problem with my sampled customized set in Pa1000:
Try exactly in the order, my below steps (7 steps) with your customized set
(your set has to have samples in Accompaniment Style Tracks, ex; DR Track, Percussion Track, etc...) and see if you can replicate this freezing issue.

1-Backup my set.
2-Factory Restore.
3-Swithch OFF/ON the Pa1000
4-Load my set.
5-When loading finish, IMPORTANT: First select/highlight any Factory style before selecting any user style. Do Not Select/Highlight any user style.
You can try to select/play more than one Factory style if the keyboard is not frozen yet at this step.

6-Hit Start and play the Factory style.
7-While the factory style is playing, hit/select one of the keyboard set buttons underneath the screen to chose another instrument.

In the last step (no 7) my Pa1000 freezes and not respond.

I would appreciate it if you or other Pa1000 owner can try these steps and report back here please.
I want to make sure if my keyboard is not defective.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: