Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Own arpeggio !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poseidon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rod_proteus wrote:
... I insist...I really love my Kronos, but I hate this "incapability" for making own arpeggios...

I know that it is not a solution that you expect, however there are other option to do your own arpeggios.

I also hated like you but since I’ve acquired Kirnu Cream ( can be used in both live and offline DAW ), I more than happy, and my hate is gone.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what about the arpeggiator in the Polysix engine?
AlStef64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to get my head around the use of an arp for my very simple requirements - and KARMA looked to be WAY over-engineering it for me, when all I needed was a simple way to run one or two arps together. (I came from a Korg TR which was great, light and portable, but it started to flounder due to age and I found a cheap Kronos as a replacement).

Firstly, for my existing needs, the wave sequencing capability of the HD1 engine (when I got my head around it) finally fit the bill perfectly. I can now create a combi with the two arp parts I required and I realise now that, single note issue aside, I can achieve what I had on the TR and actually have greater flexibility with the Wave Sequencer than I originally did with the TR's dual arps.

Unless I hadn't fully explored it, in the TR, each step of a (max) 48-step ARP needed to essentially have the same interval (step interval was a common setting for that arp).

In the Kronos, the Wave Sequencer allows 64 steps and the step duration can be individually assigned - so you essentially don't even need to waste steps on a "rest" period if your note gate/duration is calculated correctly.

Reading other's posts here as well, it appears as though the way you arrange a dual oscillator in a HD-1 program allows you to effectively create "chord structures" using the Wave Sequencer, so you can also get around the issue of the Wave Sequencer not supporting a single note by employing the techniques described in this thread.

KARMA looks like an impressive beast, but it is a bit of overkill for the sort of stuff I personally need to achieve...and the rub on not having an obvious "arpeggiator" function in the Kronos was called for by many who were after a "very simple to implement" solution to arpeggiate some notes easily.

Wave Sequencing offers you that with sample-based playback, and the EXi engines offer you that with dedicated arpeggiators.

Feeling much happier now about the Kronos than I did a couple of weeks ago when I wasn't sure how i'd port my simple arps from the old Triton world and into the Kronos universe.

aLsT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: