Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UI Sizes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: UI Sizes Reply with quote

Am I missing something, or is there no way to resize the UI on Korg Collection synths?

I just bought them and realized that I can barely see anything on parts of the UI on my 2018 MacBook Pro (I assume anyone with a recent Windows machine will have the same problem).

What am I missing?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been been discussed previously. As you have found, the UI is not itself resizable, and was developed at a time when screen resolutions were lower. In Windows it is possible to alter the screen "magnification" to make the UI more visible, but that also increases the size of other screen elementss e.g. shortcuts. I've not played with the Mac interface recently, but Unix flavours like Ubuntu allow screen magnification to be changed. The Mac has zoom mode to do that, which can be set to a box area around the cursor or to the whole screen. It's not ideal, but. An alternative might be to attach a screen having a relatively lower resolution and dragging the UI to that.

robojam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sound great, but they are in dire need of an overhaul.

I bought them for the Odyssey, and figured I would get the others at the same time, but they seem to have not been worked on for a long time.

In addition to the less than ideal UIs, looks like everything other than the Odyssey still has 32-bit components, so will fail if I try to update to Catalina in the fall.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support person I talked to about the UI issue said they would pass that along to the dev team. However with Korg still undecided about updating the stand alone apps to 64 bit, I feel like the UI issue will not be addressed. I really hope to be proven wrong
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
The support person I talked to about the UI issue said they would pass that along to the dev team. However with Korg still undecided about updating the stand alone apps to 64 bit, I feel like the UI issue will not be addressed. I really hope to be proven wrong

That just sounds like a typical bullshit support answer - noncommittal and giving hope without explicitly promising anything.

I really wish Korg would just give us a clear answer one way or the other.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were equally noncommittal about whether or not they’re going to update the standalone apps to 64 bit.
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in the way of communication would be good.

It just really puzzles me why Korg can't just figure out what their strategy is going to be and let their support people know.

Is it that hard to review customer questions and provide a standard answer that is something other than platitudes?
matjones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another +1 for increased size/resizeable GUIs.

Korg DO seem to move in mysterious ways, they'd be more likely to shift more of these as the main gripe with them are the GUIs. They sound great but even on a 1080 screen they're hard to read properly, must be impossible on a 4k display!!
robojam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the impression that Korg isn’t really interested in updating the older GUIs now. Nothing but silence from all directions...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wish has come true. These things can take a while to develop and test. The Korg Collection now has a scalable interface.

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2020/041602/

Users who already have the plugins from the KORG Collection series can update to version 2 for free.

matjones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Your wish has come true. These things can take a while to develop and test. The Korg Collection now has a scalable interface.

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2020/041602/

Users who already have the plugins from the KORG Collection series can update to version 2 for free.

EXCELLENT news!! Cool Cool

I know a couple of people who have been holding off buying purely because of the small GUIs.... i think they'll bite, particularly with the sale currently...

Cheers Korg! better late than never Laughing
pranaearth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you from the bottom of my blind eyes. I can’t wait to upgrade so I can see what I’m doing again!

Edit: I haven't found a way to make the UI larger on Legacy Cell or MonoPoly. MonoPoly is missing that upper bar that some of the others have to resize the UI.
And I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the max I can resize is 135%. I was really looking for a 200% increase. Some of the synths even at 135% still have type that is too small on my screen. But the products are much more legible now than they were before, so I'm grateful.
Another niggle: Legacy Wavestation still can't import iWavestation files
matjones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All installed and up and running here.

Cubase Pro 10.5.12, Polysix was blacklisted but seems ok so far once reactivated.

LOVE the new GUIs!!! HUGE thanks and well done to Korg!!

@Pranaearth.....

RE the Mono/Poly GUI resizing, if you look in the bottom left hand corner, directly above the pitch and mod wheels you'll see the 'Main Edit' box, you need to click on the upper far right of this where is says 'Utility' (if you can read it) and then 'screen size' (2nd from bottom)

RE Legacy Cell, I'm assuming there's no scaleable GUI as it's a 1.5 update and not a Ver 2 update?
HTH!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
Thank you from the bottom of my blind eyes. I can’t wait to upgrade so I can see what I’m doing again!

Edit: I haven't found a way to make the UI larger on Legacy Cell or MonoPoly. MonoPoly is missing that upper bar that some of the others have to resize the UI.
And I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the max I can resize is 135%. I was really looking for a 200% increase. Some of the synths even at 135% still have type that is too small on my screen. But the products are much more legible now than they were before, so I'm grateful.
Another niggle: Legacy Wavestation still can't import iWavestation files

Legacy cell can not be resized it seems. Mono POly, it's in the utility button menu on the screen .

Seems M1Le was not update too. That 's a nice move, the least they could do...Monopoly is blurry, MS20 keyboard too. I would have liked they push to bring the NKS compatibility too (only for gadget now)
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: for some reason i did not have Matjones answer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: