Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.1.0 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Korg hired new stuff to complete the Os,
did anyone find a solution in 3.1 with Osc Trigger mode ?
Doesn't work while in Mode:Aftertouch - Normal

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
KorgPaEnthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: STS gets overwritten with other styles STS Reply with quote

I find many times that my user styles have had their STS overwritten with another styles STS. This is extremely frustrating which I cannot find the cause of. I’m sure others have experienced this issue.
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: STS gets overwritten with other styles STS Reply with quote

KorgPaEnthusiast wrote:
I find many times that my user styles have had their STS overwritten with another styles STS. This is extremely frustrating which I cannot find the cause of. I’m sure others have experienced this issue.

This problem have followed since pa3x.

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should re-write each STS in order to stay.
This was a bug since V3.
Once you did that they all work for V3.1 too.
There should be a thread about it somewhere here,search for it,
but the only solution i found was just re-write/save each STS in keyboard set library

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Chord recognition Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
I want to ask:
When will FINAL CHORD RECOGNITION be repaired ?????????

There is an error in all O.S. NEVER it worked !!!!!!!!!!!
KORG ?? Can you fix it ????

The function cannot be used !!!
It reduces the value of the instrument to me.

I attach MIDI for TEST:

http://www.korgpa.sk/forums/chord_recognition/MIDI_chord_recognition.mid

Incorrect recognition is very bad music!!!!!

The chord shown in your MIDI file is a C chord second inversion on a G bass note. Correctly, the Korg chord scan algorithm denotes this as C/G meaning a C chord on a G bass and the style player will add G bass notes. If you want a pure C chord to be recognised and played with C bass notes then you can use C chord with no inversion .. C E G ... or you can use C bass note followed by any combination of E C G or whatever. For me the Korg chord recogniser works perfectly.
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. how to turn off bass inversion ??????? I think for finding chords !! I can turn it off when playing styles. there is a button for that. but when I find chords from midi I don't want it !!!! ??? so my question how to turn it off. ????

Okay then. When he finds the chords correctly e.g. C / G is the BASS INVERSION button on the panels. This means both during the game and now I have the option to turn the function on or off !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry NO DOES NOT WORK !!!! When detected from MIDI. I still consider it an ERROR. When it's there and it doesn't work.

If BASS INVERSION is not activated when C / G is detected
(tactile detected in MIDI G + C + E) the instrument was to play only C
/ G should ignore !!!!

When I activate BASS INVERSION, when G + C + E is amplified, then C / G, it's okay when the chords play C and bass G.

But this function does not work properly !!!!! I consider it a mistake !!!!!
Therefore I cannot use this function !!!!!!!!!!!

Juro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Pa4X Next 3.1.0 crash/reboot Reply with quote

Hi,
Even I like Pa4X (76keys) from hardware point of view, I must say that I'm disappointed by instability of Pa4X Next 3.1.0 system. I bought Pa4X just month ago, so I can't say how much more stable was the previous version of system. I believe when I buy keyboard costing almost 3000 EUR I do not need additionally do the tester for the manufacturer. I'm myself software developer, so I understand there will be always some instability and bugs. But for example my current company spends lots of many to test the software inhouse and not let our customers to do it.
Now, for the today's issue - I did not do anything special, but after starting playing song through USB midi from my PC to Pa4X, Pa4X restarted suddenly. After restart, the song played without problems.
During the month I used Pa4X there were probably around 5 another crashes/restarts of the system. For example, after checking on style creation and editing functionality, after one hour and multiple saves of the new style, the Pa4X crashed. After restart, the last few saves of the style were gone.
I only hope, Korg is consistently testing Pa4X Next 3.1.0 and working on fixes, so for upcoming system release things will get better and more stable.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juro (and welcome)

Firstly, please understand these forums are in no way linked to the Korg company but from history Korg do read some of these messages.
Secondly, it is more helpful to give detailed description of the problem - in some cases other members (including myself) offer to help and try out exactly the same procedures that are reported as a problem. A number of concerns have been resolved and in some cases, were not bugs.

I, personally, do a lot of style editing and so far had no issues with OS 3.1.0. but I am not arguing about your findings at all.

I would definitely suggest you re-install the full OS3.1.0 including the "factory restore" step in the instructions from a fresh download.
Yes, I know that's a classic Microsoft approach to problems but it is never the less a part of the process of elimination.
If you wish to explain your problems in finer detail, I would be happy to receive anything you have done and attempt to replicate the problem on my PA4X.

Here to help

Take care

Perte Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also confirm that I have problems creating a new style. I started creating a new style. I used ELECTRO KIT DRUMS. KICK tone C. Snare tone D. I created a set of all parts of the style. so far everything is OK. then I saved it. everything OK. then I used to adjust the DRUMS AMBIENT. edit kick and snare + hit-hat. EQ + FINE TUNING + VOLUME function. EVERYTHING was ok. save ok. And now comes the problem: The next day I wanted to play style. Drums ambient the values ​​were saved but the sound sounded different. And when I wanted to change the parameters of drums ambient Kick + snare + hit hat + EQ + VOLUME + tuning unfortunately nothing reacted. it does not help to reset the group. does not help reset style ...
Juro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Perte,
I did the OS3.1.0 re-install already, but it is possible that I did not do "factory restore" after that. So I will do it all again and see if that helps with crashes.
Regarding style editing seems that another user - korgpask confirmed and described similar problem just moments ago. It seems that the problem with lost changes happens when creating new style, not when editing existing.
If I will have the clear steps on how to reproduce possible future problems I will write the description here. But, unfortunately, not every problem is well reproducible and if it happens suddenly, you may not have remembered the steps that led to it Sad
As you mentioned this forum is not directly linked to Korg company or support. So does Korg have official contact (mail, request submission page..) where requests/reports can be submitted?
Thanks,
Juro
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juro,

Sure, it's very hard if problems are intermittent. I will do some style creation and see if I get the same issue.

Not sure if this is the correct procedure but you could try to write to Korg Italy direct - the details are at the back of the manual.
I would imagine that they would need very detailed examples of the problems before they research it.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the problem arises when creating new styles. OS 3.1.0
Everything is OK when created. Pa4X works as it should. Everything is also OK when saving. The problem occurred the next day after turning on the tool.
Values set in DRUMS AMBIENT (drum edit) such as EQ, Volume, fine tune, coarse tune, these values the instrument displays are changed but the sound is not. When changing these parameters, the tool DOES NOT MAKE CHANGES. Values change but sound doesn't!
And STYLE CONTROL - KICK and SNARE DESIGNATION does not respond either. !!!

RESET CURRENT FAMILY doesn't help either. RESET ALL FAMILIES doesn't help either!

Even the tool does not change the sound for these changes.
The tool responds to my commands correctly and quickly. But the sound will NOT change.

This problem is only when creating a NEW STYLE.

edit factory, converted styles, USER is OK

In previous OS 3.0.1 this problem was NOT !!!
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me say an important fact.
I used the COPY function
COPY (in STYLE) all from current style Var 1 to Var 2.
Then I just added var 2.
Then COPY from VAR2 to VAR 3 and extended the style.

If I do not use the COPY function from the current style VAR x to VAR x
so I DIDN'T TAKE this problem !!!! OS 3.1.0

I don't know what the problem is, but this is how my KORG Pa4X works. OS 3.1.0

Especially if the style is saved. Then the DRUMS AMBIENT parameters are set and saved again. A Then you can EDIT the same style again and use the COPY from current style function to another part of the style.

THIS will completely ruin my own style. Especially the next day, after turning on the tool. Style Plays very badly and setting parameters are not accepted and even additional style settings no longer respond!

Last edited by korgpask on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded my Pa4X to 3.1.0 several month ago after hesitating longtime.

Here is what I experienced:
Overall stable after using it about 8 or 9 month.

Problems:
1- Restarting problem only one time so far;
I don't remember and didn't think at that moment to memorize what I've done until my Pa4X restarted by itself.
Usually when I turn on my Pa4X, it's for practicing, editing, performing during the gigs or recording a song,
so I am concentrated on what I am doing at that moment and have a piece of mind that my Pa4X works fine and updated to the latest OS version,
so if any problem occurs it's impossible for me to remember all steps for troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue.

2- Other problem was when I switched back and forth several times between Style mode and Song mode, and back to Style mode on last step,
I noticed all 4 keyboard sets (STS)Name changed to Piano. That was fixed when I restarted the keys.
Michael jonathan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: pa4x midi sync problem Reply with quote

hello
i own a Korg Pa4x my problem is like this :

when i connect my pa4x via usb cable to my computer DAW ( i use Ableton & Logic)

and make the settings from the global menu "pa4x midi clock sync to usb"
the pa4x is then in time but the problem is the EFFECTS like reverb or delay
i hear crackle cracks and pops like audio distortion...

this has nothing to do with audio latency ..im shure because i have connect my pa4x as slave direct to my roland groovebox synth with 5 pin midi cables
still the problem was excist even without any daw.

... this problem make it imposible to work with the pa4x...

and sometimes i have hanging notes special when i try to edit the notes from the piano roll window on my DAW..

any help would be great

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: