Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR start up problems after move from EU to US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darque1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: TR start up problems after move from EU to US Reply with quote

Hi,
I moved a while back from Sweden ( Where I bought my TR61) to the US. I recently wanted to start using my TR again but when J plug it in and turn it on it the display is flashing and it wont start up.
Is this a problem with the difference of Volts on the network?
EU is 220-230 and the power supply says 230V but in the US its 110V on ghe network ( The back of the TR says -AC 9 V) . I use a simple 2 pin to 3 pin adapter.
Is this fixable with buying a US power supply? Or is there something else wrong?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 230V power supply is plugged into 110V US mains, then the input on the TR61 expecting to get 9V AC will only be getting around 4V AC from the supply, so the electronics won't work correctly, and may even suffer some damage.

Two solutions.

a) Use a 110V to 230V step-up transformer to plug the 230V power supply into. The key is to insist on a transformer-based converter. It should weigh quite a bit, because of the iron core and copper windings used in the transformer construction.

b) Get an electrician to wire a NEMA 6-15 plug to an EU distribution block, to which the TR61 power supply can then be connected. Most US houses have a 220V supply for aircon, electric cookers, and the like. Ensure the adapter is properly fused. 220V is sufficiently close to the nominal 230V, for the TR61 to work OK.

For this application, the difference in mains frequency - 50Hz vs 60Hz shouldn't be an issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: