Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue firmware release 1.32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgarner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Prologue firmware release 1.32 Reply with quote

"Stability fixes".

Really, Korg? You left me with a synth I couldn't record with for EIGHT MONTHS and you still won't let me record CC11 from your "flagship"?

No, a single free oscillator was not decent recompense. Stand by your products, for heaven's sake.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, kind of disappointed too... This what they call flagship product
rgarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OG Minilogue got three "producer packs" of extra patches. 4 days ago it got a v2.00 with:

- support for the microtuning feature (as on minilogue xd)
 - display original value
 - the new slider range parameter
 - increased granularity of MIDI filter setting
 - support for key trig feature (as on monologue)
 - unified motion view display with minilogue xd

The Prologue ... crickets. Flagship abandonware.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Not much to add here. Korg should reconsider the way they treat prologue users. Same story as e2
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Flagship abandonware" (see above) seems to nail it it pretty much for the Prologue.

A lesson learned. Obviously there is nothing like Korg Kronos quality development and maintenance any more, on the present Korg management horizon.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With kronos they did play the same bad game when abandoned kronos 1 and released kronos 2.
It makes more sense to invest into novation products because they do support on long run. Or sequential cause they initially come loaded with features.
On the other hand at the moment I really don't have much to complain because there is no tuning issue anymore and all these little digital features... I can live without these. Prologue is still well made analog synth. But korg... I must be crazy to invest 2k in to the company once again.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos support has been first class for many years, and has been one main reason for me to regard myself as loyal Korg customer, buying other Korg gear as well.

There is no fundamental difference between all Kronos versions, and the OS, which was constantly developed, with many really substantial upgrades, is the same for all versions, apart from a change of factory bank organisation and additional content later on. I readily paid the price for the additional content, as I would readily pay for a substantial(!) Prologue update.

So I understand that they may need additional money for development or extra content in certain cases. But I do not understand, that they keep their Prologue "flagship synths" worse in some important functionality aspects, than the definitely non-flagship Minilogues XD, and they generally have been extremely late and lazy caring about the Prologue so far: flagship abandonware.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree on that. no excuses for korg. prologue was the bestseller in 2018 so they do have financial resources derived from our investments. this is a shame that they ignore our interests and betray our needs in favor of mini/monologue users
rgarner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm not complaining about the Minilogue update – the sequencer key trig is very useful to me Smile

Microtunings, eh, what's the fuss.

The thing the Prologue really needs from the OG Minilogue update is the ability when you turn a knob to navigate back to the value the patch started at. Now that *is* useful.

But I'd also take SHIFT-Sustain (Amp/EG) for velocity sensitivity for the envelopes, instead of buried menu items. And a delayed-onset LFO on SHIFT-RATE would also be very nice.
bloomes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you all. An update would be helpful..
Oldretro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
"Flagship abandonware" (see above) seems to nail it it pretty much for the Prologue.

A lesson learned. Obviously there is nothing like Korg Kronos quality development and maintenance any more, on the present Korg management horizon.

I think the current Korg management is more interested in pleasing the rich with useless stuff for golf. Why they do that is beyond me, would have been something for a stupid Aprils fool joke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: